Chinese-Forums

Advice on living in Guangzhou

robert151

• New Members

Hi ever since a few years I have been looking to teach in south east Asia I was planning on teaching in Thailand but the visa issue there I so much hate, after reading all the horror stories it has put me of for life from working in Thailand. but its a very nice country to travel to been there 4 times in the past year.

I am looking to make the move to china within the next 4 months, I have just finished my current job (it closed down) so now I have the chance to try something I have always wanted to do!

Can anyone help me with a few things please.

Is there any good websites for cheap apartments for rent in Guangzhou.

Also I have been offered a few teaching jobs in Guangzhou, does anyone happen to know http://chinajobcenter.blog.163.com/ if so can you tell me if they are good and not a scam please

If anyone is living in the city message me if you want to, it would be great to make some friends there.

thanks

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Guangzhou now.As for renting apartments, I think you can try 58同城.

It's only a blog so I can't tell whether it's true or not.It seems that it's a agency.

I have to warn u that it's so so so hot now.You might just bring some summer clothes.

Living in guangzhou,you have to learn contonese which is more important than mandarin here.

• Like 1