Chinese-Forums

Need help identifying this movie

irvineazn

I remember seeing this one Chinese movie a long time ago, I believe it was during the late 90s. I don't remember the entire movie or its name, but I do remember certain scenes. I think the general premise of the movie was about these children who get abducted from their school/dormitory by these military troops and then are taken to one of their strongholds/fortresses and held captive there. While there, some of the children were murdered by the troops. I vaguely remember one scene where they line up all the children, and then a general walks by each of them and eventually grabs one of them out of the line and shoots her in the mouth. I remember the girl killed was caucasian, so not all of the children involved were chinese. I think towards the middle of the movie, the children start trying to fight back against the troops and escape from the fortress. I remember one scene where a boy taunts a group of soldiers by brandishing a rifle at them, but then the soldiers come near him, knock him down on the ground, and then start shooting at him repeatedly.

I don't remember the soldiers' exact motives or if there was a political backdrop to the film. If the above descriptions sound familiar to anyone, please post a reply. thanks!

I vaguely remember one scene where they line up all the children, and then a general walks by each of them and eventually grabs one of them out of the line and shoots her in the mouth.

Sounds like lots of fun. Was it a musical comedy? Were there flying nuns? Could it have been "The Sound of Music?"