Chinese-Forums

Passport Scan

Jncocontrol

• New Members

Hey everyone, I'm a little unsettled about giving out my passport number to a potential employor in china. Do they absolutely need my passport number or would i need to black out my passport number and just include my basic information like to prove who I claim to be?

If it goes beyond the "potential" you may need to provide for them depending in the type of visa you would get from them. I know an FEC (foreign expert certificate) requires the employer to input it in the online application center. I cannot, however, think of a necessary reason for them to have it right now. Some one may have more specific knowledge about this.

If you don't trust them with your passport details (good luck in China, btw, you're going to be handing them over at every hotel you stay at) then you probably don't want to be going to work for them.

If you want to be extra careful, you can hold off until they've given you a definite offer. But unless you're an outstanding candidate you may well get passed over for someone who seems more cooperative.

• Like 1