Chinese-Forums

Green tea fights cancer

wushijiao

From today's news:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=7899962

Researchers at the University of Murcia in Spain (UMU) and the John Innes Center (JIC) in Norwich, England have shown that a compound called EGCG in green tea prevents cancer cells from growing by binding to a specific enzyme.

long before in the history, tea has been said to have a magic power.

in fact, when the tea was too expensive for ordinary people to enjoy, it was sold as a kind of drug.

however i dont find it has bring me any benefit, i still get cold when it is time for me to get. hah

I love green tea! It tastes good and is very healthy. I remembered when I was in college and sometime feel sick. I just stayed in dorm for a whole afternoon reading books and drinking hot green tea. It always helped me to cure my sickness.

My favorate tea was BiLuochun "碧螺春" when I was a student. Now I drink Longjing "龙井". Longjing is from Hangzhou. So I can buy really fresh Longjing tea in Shanghai with comparatively cheap price. :wink:

My favorate tea was BiLuochun "碧螺春" when I was a student. Now I drink Longjing "龙井". Longjing is from Hangzhou. So I can buy really fresh Longjing tea in Shanghai with comparatively cheap price.

I hear you, Vivien! One of my most trancendant experiences is whiling away a couple of hours on the verandah of The Old Film Cafe on Duolun Lu on a warm late April day, munching on xiaolong bao and shao mai with a tall glass of freshly harested longjing tea and a big thremos of hot water.

home_main_middle.jpg

Gary Soup:

Don't waste the 龙井. You should enjoy you tea in a nice set of 紫砂茶具!

Naah, I've got a few of those little dainties. They look nice on the shelf. But longjing was meant to be served in plain glass tumblers, so you can watch the "dance of the leaves." I think it's Shanghai's test for outsiders; you have to put up with getting leaves in your teeth AND burning your fingers.

Personally, I don't think seasoned pots are suitable for early Spring Longjing; They're all about the virginal grassiness of the tea's flavor.