Chinese-Forums

SUMMER COURSES IN SUNNY TIANJIN

Bob Dylan Thomas

Dear all,

has anyone been on a Summer Chinese language course in Tianjin, suitable for beginners (having studied Chinese for six months in the UK), at either Tianjin University, Tianjin Normal University or Nankai University? Any recommendations on the best course to study between May-September at any of these institutes, or any others in that lovely metropolis of Tianjin?

Thanks!

we are under the impression that Tianjin University is good at science and technology while Nankai is good at arts. However these two universities are located togeteher with only a wall seperating.

Since it is about language learning, Tianjin Normal University is the most ideal one in my opinion. it is a language school anyway.

The best way to learn a language is of course to use it. I dont think it is important to choose between these universities, i woud rather take it as a opportunity to have contact with Chinese people, to listen and talk with Chinese, if i were you. Dont worry, chinese, especially the young, are very kind to foreigners. in fact they want to knoe more about the world outside

I suppose this is my fault for not specifying, but i was hoping for comments on specific experiences people have had studying at those universities. I am asking on behalf of a friend; i myself have been to TNU for a year, but not on a Summer course (and incidently it isn't a "language school") and i wondered how my experience there compares with other peoples' at Nankai and TU.

So, anyone got anything more helpful to add?