Chinese-Forums

Looking for part time job. Any advice for job agencies?

Andrea.dispe

Hi all.

I'm studying in BLCU and would like to find a part time job (even only on week-ends is good) to help me sustain the expenses. I know somebody who teaches english to chinese kids and I think something like that would be great for me.

Do you suggest me to ask in agencies or directly to BLCU?

I would really appreciate if somebody could gimme some phone number or name of agencies.

I live in wudaokou but can work in all BJ without any problem.

Thx again

• Like 1

Everyone I know who does this kind of work while studying found their job on the Beijinger forum. Just find 10 adverts and apply to them all. Most of them will be terrible but one or two will be decent. When I was studying most of the part time, flexible jobs were 1-on-1 tutoring.

Good luck

• Like 1

That's just what i was about to post - if you can't get a word of mouth recommendation, put an ad up on thebeijinger, or answer some of the ads already there, and see what happens. Ideally you probably want to be tutoring people directly, not going through an agency. 

• Like 1

Have you been to any of those, Tianjin42*? I remember seeing them advertised quite heavily, but don't think I ever heard of anyone actually going. 

*the older I get, the sillier I feel referring to people by made-up names.

• Like 1

Yeah, I may have mentioned on the walls before that I have helped a Chinese group involved with recruitment so I am usually up to date with fairs and stuff of this nature. I have been to a couple of the fairs previously and they were okay, but it seems to be different each year. There was a good one a couple of years ago or so, lots of companies and a decent range of jobs. But last year was teaching heavy. Both were busy though - lots of foreigners.

Incidentally the team I assisted are pretty positive and I may well get further involved in which case I will post something up here if it might be useful (the group assist groups in China who seek foreign candidates and they are actually quite genuine, hence the cooperation). At the moment it is still primarily an opportunity to improve Chinese and get a really good view of how things work locally through contact with local groups and local officials (it isn't pretty!).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...