Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

i finally submitted my application yesterday! so far, i am the ninth applicant in our country and the staff said, 16 applicants were able to leave for China last year. They would contact me again for a panel interview. so nervous~

• New Members

Hello, im newbie here, i need advice from all of you guys. I got emailed 3 weeks ago from cqmu that they nominate me as csc student for their university. And yesterday, i got emailed from them:

Hello,

Since you know, before we send you the admission letter, we need you to pay 450 RMB Application fee to us,

for more details, please see: http://wsc.cqmu.edu.cn/s/30/t/379/p/1/c/3059/d/3075/list.htm

Please send us the money before May. And Please send me the materials to me again by Email, I only need the original copy

You need to write down your name, passport No.,  date of birth, your csc serial No..

And please write down: the money is the application fee for Chinese Government Scholarship of Chongqing Medical University.

And then i asked them "does it mean i get cgs?" And they replied "yes, you won the scholarship". Im really confuse about this email. Please give me your opinion. Thank you

@missy_leo

Doesnt the scholarship cover admission fees?

"The Chinese Government Scholarships cover:

1)Full Chinese Government Scholarship:

-registration fee,tuition fee,experiment fee,internship fee,basic textbooks fee and dorms fee."

Had you won, this should have been taken care of. Then again, there is alot of mix up in China about this so who knows...

@missy_leo

hi there, i am a CSC scholar since last year and already here in China, actually that 450 RMB is a fee for your scholarship application. In my case I printed the bank receipt transfer together with my credentials and application form, so i did paid the application fee beforehand even though i'm still waiting for my university admission and scholarship result.

Your university must have send you to which Bank you need to transfer the money along with the university account name, swift code and account number.

Also send all your original documents to your university, so u wont be bothered anymore to produce original ones during your registration day.

@missy_leo

hi there, i am a CSC scholar since last year and already here in China, actually that 450 RMB is a fee for your scholarship application. In my case I printed the bank receipt transfer together with my credentials and application form, so i did paid the application fee beforehand even though i'm still waiting for my university admission and scholarship result.

Your university must have send you to which Bank you need to transfer the money along with the university account name, swift code and account number.

Also send all your original documents to your university, so u wont be bothered anymore to produce original ones during your registration day.

• New Members

@daeiram89 thank you for your explanation. actually, i already sent the original documents (2copies) beforehand, so they just need me to send again the scan document via email together with the bank receipt transfer. i just hope that i really won the scholarship  :(

Hi All...

I am a little bit confuse about the guarantor. I have read the previous postings, some said you should have a guarantor and other said after you are accepted, your university can be your guarantor.. well... actually I hope I can have a guarantor, so I will not leave the part in the form is blank.

thank u so much

@Aya, the guarantor can be any contact you have in China who lets you use their contact info.  If someone at the university is okay with being a guarantor, great!  I tried to suggest a copy other ideas to get one in this post.

(My guarantor was a student I met in China four years ago and with whom I have kept in contact.)  Does anyone else want to share how they got their guarantor and any tips?

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I am a current CSC scholarship student from the United States at Beida, applying for a second year of support. I understood that I had to apply through the university directly for a second year of the scholarship, but I just found out on Monday it's not the case and I need to reapply through the Chinese Embassy in DC. I've been racing to put together all of the documents for the application in time, and right now the only thing I'm missing is the Agency Number (8401 from last year doesn't work). I emailed the Chinese Embassy in DC on Tuesday, but no reply yet and I'm getting a bit nervous. Would anyone be willing to share this agency number, either to the thread or PM? Thanks very much & best of luck to all!

Previously I applied through my university in the US for the 2013-2014 academic year, because they are given 3 CSC spots to award. However, I learned just Monday the person at the International Student Office who had told me back in January I could renew through the university in mid-April was not the person responsible and the information was not correct. By this time, the deadline for applying through my university had already passed. So I am racing now to submit an application to the DC Embassy by April 20 and apply through the general pool of American applicants. I wrote to the Chinese embassy there on Tuesday, but no reply yet. It's been a stressful week to say the least, and any help on the agency number would be much appreciated!

Just checked my email and there was an email from Mr. Liu in my inbox!! They must work late. It is the same number as before, so I am not sure why it hasn't been working for me.

I'm sorry to bother everyone with my post, so if I can be useful as a resource please feel free to PM me. I have the "senior visiting scholar" Chinese Government Scholarship now in 2013-2014, and also had the Chinese Government Scholarship for my MA in China in 2008-2010. I am a Ph.D. student in the U.S. 

Good luck everyone!!

HELP!

I submitted all of my application last month for a 6 month Chinese language scholarship to 华南理工大学. 

Having read the posts here about no one contacting the guarantor in China, I wrote my boyfriend's name and Chinese details (he now lives in Australia, but his hukou says he still lives with his folks in Guangzhou). Yesterday, 华南理工rang his house in China asking for him. Of course, he was some 8000km away, so his father gave me a reference instead. 

Apparently my application is a good application, but I do not have a HSKK result. I applied with my HSK2 result (198/200) and the uni said that they want to know whether my speaking is similar to my other scores. I rang the Confucius Institute who said that their next round of HSKK tests are in June (I kind of live in a one horse town). However I need to do a HSKK exam (or apparently similar) before the end of April to submit to the uni. 

What do I do? Please help. 

when i research here i find this topic ....The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.(8401) 

my advice to you try to apply directly to the university becoz there is no time and in the same time search for the that agency NO for he Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. 

i hope to be find it and except  for scholarship 

god luck  :)  :)  :) 

@LauraS, have you tried contacting the university to explain this situation to them?  Unfortunately, the HSKK testing schedule is much less frequent than HSK (regardless of where you live)!

You may be able to suggest a compromise: get an oral evaluation either by the Chinese Uni over the phone/Skype or by someone at your local Confucious Institute.  Of course, it wouldn't be "official," but it could still satisfy their requirement (to determine your oral level).

@shroq, I didn't see this mentioned on the CSC link you included.  Can you include a different link from Renmin University for this question?

Hello,

My question is about different ways to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship.

I'm applying for Chinese Government Scholarship by two ways: directly from a university and by Chinese Embassy in my country.

In early June the university will post the list of recipients, but in the Chinese Embassy is just in late July. I have admission letter from both universities (each application have different universities) I chose, have someone experienced the same thing as me? My doubt is, if I receive the scholarship by the university, so I wont receive the scholarship by the embassy? Can I choose?

Thank you

@haoyu, thanks for your help! I got my reference to explain the situation to SCUT who have agreed to use the marks from an unofficial HSKK exam done by the Confucius Institute. Now my issue is the Confucius Institute want to do the test tomorrow so everything can be organised and submitted by the end of the month! Bring on the mad last minute studying!

thank you so much @shroq! i have just had my interview today and the result whether the dispatching authority here will recommend our application will be announced next week. i hope just for the best! but it will still be a long process