Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

@ Rashid

Dear sorry for late... my cousin got email from NANKAI University, regarding admission. in email it is written that he as been enrolled in NANKAI University..

and about increase in Stipend is heard by my brother he is china since last year, he is doing MS there. he told me that there is some news that may be stipend gets doubled from sep 2014... for all CSC candidates..... Hope this becomes true...

• Like 2

• New Members

Hello. I applied directly to one university in Beijing I went on exchange to last year, 对外经贸大学。I haven't heard anything back fro them, they tell me to refer to the CSC website. My login on CSC still reads 'Application has been submitted'. I am not confident I will get the scholarship this year. I think they may have overlooked my application. Anyways this year I want to apply to the dispatching authority in Australia (embassy). Does anyone on here know the embassy I contact? I emailed Perth and Canberra and got no reply. Very frustrating.

If someone from Australia that has previously applied can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I believe the Australian deadline is December of each year right?

Thankyou

Tom

@ajeet, thank you for informing me, but I am not thinking to apply in Nankai now as I have already got confirmation from other universities.

Its good if they double the stipend, as 2000 is very less compare to scholarships from other countries.

Dear Aajeet, I think CSC is approved a candidate for scholarship for that university, which send his name before than other universities.

means admission in other universities will be rejected as somebody confirms admission in any university.... but at facebook some people were saying that we got admission in 2 universities.....

Pray for stipend to be doubled... because 2000/1700 RMB is ok not so good....

Dear Rashid r u from Pakistan??

@Ajeet, one candidate can be nominated by more than one universities for CSC, but further-on CSC will decide for only one university, other options will be rejected.

Yes, this amount is very little to, hopefully it will be doubly as people are talking about increase in it, am not sure whether it is confirm or not.

Yes Dear I am from Pakistan, what about u?

leonguyen52

According to the information the chinese embassy released in their website the current stipend for CSC are the following:

Undergraduate/language/specialization: 1400 RMB

Master: 1700 RMB

PHD: 2000 RMB

I don't know if it's the same for all countries or if they are really going to increase it. Hopefully they will.

Timing of Scholarship Results

Regarding when you hear about your scholarship results, please keep in mind that you will probably hear back in July.  (According to the official webpage, the CSC notifies the dispatching authorities of scholarship results by July 31st.)  As mentioned by JackTheCrow, last year most of the candidates found out their results in July.  So don't worry if you don't find out your status right away!

Regarding the stipend, I wouldn't plan on any increase until an official CSC notification is published.

Laihua status:

I can't tell you for sure what the different statuses mean: "currently checking," "application submitted," or "has already been recovered."

This topic was discussed recently in this thread by rashid1587 (see post #283), as well in previous years (see a discussion in 2010 about this here and here).  If you have definite information that is different about this, please post here or contact me.

New Thread/Closing current thread:

I have created a new thread for candidates to post their scholarship results (as they come in).  Please go and post your results (as you have them) there!

Please note: We will be closing this thread soon, since the CSC scholarship window is now closed.

• Like 2

I want to share my experience with the "Laihua status." Back when I was applying for the scholarship, I made some changes on my online application and the status was changed to already recovered. 

A few weeks later, I received a call from the embassy telling me that they couldnt view my online application and that I have to re-submit the form. I did so and the status still showed 'already recovered.' A few days later I confirmed from the embassy that they had received the online application and so I checked it and it was changed to 'currently checking.' 

• Like 1

@shroq, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  As long as they received the paper copy (or faxed copy), I would think that should be sufficient.  You can always follow up with your dispatching authority or school to see if they received it.  (I did that with my embassy.)

Hi everyone !

We did an application for my niece, who is french, 18 years old, and applied for the BLCU , for one year of chinese training program.

I have to say that this forum helped me a lot (so much !!!)  for the application tips, and thanks to all of you, who gave your time to explain and explain how to succeed to that enterprise...

So I phoned today at the embassy, and they told me that she has a positive recommandation on her application, and that her file now is in China or the final answer from the CSC program.

If anyone is concerned about BLCU training program for next year, or a departure from France at the end of august, please get in touch with us, as she will not be alone...

Thanks again !!