Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Hi Vanessa, did you really get an answer from the Chinese Ambassy? I didn't think they would respond to inquiries. Did you call the actual embassy or the education service?

I'm also french, and also trying to get into BLCU with a scholarship, but I'm trying to enter a degree program (translation and interpretation) and I'll already be in China in august (I'm teaching french in Jinan during the summer). We can stay in touch if you'd like.

• Like 1

Good morning Simplet,

To be more precise, I called ( I am the aunt...) the education service of the embassy.

Congrats for your study plan.

Yes it would be nice to stay in touch for her, for knowing already a few french boys and girls who are going to BLCU.

The lady at the education service told me that the final answer from China will happen at the end of June, and of course I do hope that it will be the same, a very good news.

• Like 1

Alhamdulillah by Grace of Allah,, I have just received my scholarship packages (Admission Notice, Form JW201, CSC Scholarship). CSC provides me full scholarship with duration of study from Sept 2014 to July 2018. Success to other candidates,

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the info Vanessa!

I called the embassy today and they said that my file was sent to China and that I was recommended by the embassy as well. Since I have already been accepted by BLCU in China I think this should go well :)

But we'll have to wait for june to be sure... 

I applied through the chinese embassy in France. For that you need to be recommended by your university, then they send your file to brussels I believe and from there to China. 

The final results are in june-july but you can call the embassy in France (don't know for other countries) to see if they recommended you. If they recommended you in Paris, it means they will recommend you in brussels, which means there is a good chance they will give you the scholarship in Beijing, but nothing is certain I guess. Not sure if you can call brussels to get information, they might be really busy.

Ok :) thank you for the explications! :) Actually I was recommended by BLCU ( I had an admission letter) which I have sent with my application directly to belgium without passing through the chinese embassy...hopefully will meet you in Beijing :)

We applied through the Embassy in Paris too.  And for information, we had only a recommendation from the.... college where she is (baccalauréat on june), and also from the BLCU. 

I will start to believe of the result when receiving the paper... I prefer to stay cool as a cucomber till then (even if I am already having a look on the transportation possibilities from the airport to the BLCU  :) )

Wishing the best to all of us !  :)

Did I got scholarship? Beihang university just sent me this email:

Dear Applicants:
Greeting from BUAA!
you are in the Candidates List or Waiting List of the University Postgraduates Program at Beihang University. It is requested to provide my office with your accurate mail address, Mobile Phone number and zip code through this email as soon as possible in order to mail all necessary documents to you for your visa application and registration in BUAA timely and accurately . It is estimated that all documents will be ready or available around the middle of June.
If you are in Beijing or you have friends in Beijing It is better for you to take away the documents by yourself or your friend so as to avoid any delay or loss . Please make appointment in advance and show your Passport when you or your friend take out any documents.

International School of BUAA

@leonguyen52, It sounds like you got accepted/recommended by Beihang University!  The CSC still has to accept you (see summary of process here), but your chances sound positive.  (You can always ask the university if you got the scholarship and then post back in the Results thread!)

@all:

I will be closing this thread by the end of this month.  If you've heard back from the CSC or your university, please be sure to post on the 2014 Results thread.  That thread is also a good place to check to see if anyone has been accepted (or applied) to your university.

Also as a reminder, despite the fact that a few people have been accepted already by the CSC, the majority of us should expect to hear back from them in July.  (This is based on the CSC website and on last year's results in this forum.)

Thread Closed

The 2014 CSC Scholarship application period has now concluded.  This thread is now closed, but we will continue our discussions of results over at the 2014 CSC Results thread.  

Thank you to each of you for making this discussion lively and helpful.  We had a lot of good participation and helpful posts from fellow applicants!  I hope that some of you will stick around after you get your scholarship to explain the process to the newcomers this fall!

Take care and best wishes on your applications!