Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

• New Members

Questions:

1. The finished and submitted online application that we have to print out, is this the actual application that is to be sent to dispatching authorities, or is there another one that needs to be requested from the embassy?

2. After choosing three institutions should I apply to each one now so early on, or will there be some kind of acceptance notice by the CSC prior that lets me know when.

I've got the impression that it isn't up to me which University I'll be assigned, so I shouldn't yet apply to every single one.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello! 

I intend to apply for a one year language course at Tsinghua or Pekin. 

I would prefer to apply beforehand to the university.

Question: As far as I understand, Pekin and Tsinghua give the admision notice as late as June and July. How can I use that for my CSC application, since the deadline is 30th April? 

Do other universities reply faster?

Thank you

I have a question regarding

"1. You send your application to a third party representative of CSC (maybe your school)."

What does it mean by "your school"? The school I'm currently attending? One of the schools I'm applying to?

Where do most people generally send this application to? (I'm US)

http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=66&id=3074

Guys, enlighten me.. I do not understand the process :(

1. I do not know what kind of scholarship should I apply if I just want to undergo a Chinese language training.

2. If I get the Admission letter from a University, if I will not be given the scholarship, would I have some kind of accountability? Because I do not have that much money that could sustain my studies if I won't get a scholarship in China. Also, do I have to undergo its regular admission process? (like submitting the documents and paying an application fee, etc.)

3. I have already submitted an online application without reading this information. Can I submit another one? And it says completely.. So the optional fields are not optional then?

I think this year is much stricter than the previous ones..

Hi again.

Small question:

I'm currently deciding which city and university I want to go to. Primarily Sichuan University (in Chengdu) seems really cool. The thing is: though they do accept CSC Scholarships, their 1 Year Language Program is not on the list (not starred). I do know from searching the forum that people have received CSC Scholarships for this in the past few years. Can I still apply for one? (I'm also mailing their international office, will post results)

Thanks!

Michiel

How many letters of recommendation do I need for bachelor's degree program?

There's requirement for a person who recommends you + 2 letters of recommendation. Do I need just those 2 letters, or does that "person who recommends me" need to write one too? How many did those of you send who got accepted?

hello there i m new to this forum i read lots of thread i this forum all are very helpful,very much thanks to this forum,

I need some information please if any 1 help me,,i m from Pakistan i completed my bachelor degree with 3/4 GPA so with this GPA can i get CSC scholarship?

I want to apply for Master program in mathematics taught in English are there any chances for me?

please answer me....

Sorry to ask this question outside the normal thread, but I figured if anyone else was having the same problem, then they would also find this useful. If it violates any sort of forum rules feel free to delete it, mods.

Where can I access the printable application and medical forms?

http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/Default.aspx?cid=277

This link doesn't seem to work. I went to the website and cannot find anything expect for the online application.

Thanks a lot

Hi, one point that should be mentioned in the first post...

If you apply as a language student, do you still need to provide a discipline and area of study? It is mandatory to fill these out on the online application even when applying as a language student?

Thanks!

---

And to answer my own question. It seems people have in past years just used 'Literature' and then "Chinese Studies".

Since these threads are always written with the language students in mind, it probably couldn't hurt to add this in somewhere to the sticky.

Hi,

Please tell me what scholarship type should I select. I want to study Chinese language for one year. Just that. I will do it on the Bilateral Agreement.

So what am I? A general scholar? Should I select visiting scholar? and just Chinese language?

Or shoud I invent a master program and ask for a preparation year?

Please someone answer me because my deadline is in one week

@Adrian Băzăvan

I am in the same situation as you (looking to apply as a language scholar).  I noticed that "Chinese Language Student" was also an option on the instructions my dispatching authority sent me (Chinese Embassy in US).  Also, the web version of the application still lists "Chinese Language Student" as an option, so I am taking the risk of applying as a language student.

If this was not an option, I would have applied as a general scholar and requested Chinese preparatory study.

@grawrt, I just had my medical form completed.  My doctor wrote "wnl" for most of those sections.  ("WNL" = "within normal limits")  Hope that helps?

• Like 1

Hi.

Just to be sure. In the laihua online application, most people that went for the chinese language submitted "literature" under discipline and "chinese language" in major, right?

Also, Costa Rica's deadline for this year is on April 1. Last year was March 5.

• Like 1

Is anyone else pretty nervous about this? The fact that so little is known makes it all the more worrying. I'm prepared to fund it myself if needs be (applying for 1 year mandarin study).

My undergrad focused on China, i've been studying the language for a year, visited a few times. I really have the passion, hopefully they're willing to reward it!