Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

@Dyana, That's how I did it.

@TyO, I contacted them before submitting my application.  For the Chinese Embassy in the US, I emailed them at admin<at>sino-education.org.  (I had to go on the Chinese language portion of their website to find that email address: http://www.sino-education.org/contact/index.htm.) 

I heard back from them in 24 hours.

• Like 1

• New Members

Nihao everybody.

Is anybody experiencing problems with the dates in the online application for CSC scholarship?

When I try to put the year for duration of study, only the years 1970 to 1980 appear. No more! I can't put 2014 or any other years. I tried running the page in compatibility view but still I cannot put the right dates. They just don't appear.

If anybody has the solution to that, I would be most grateful. Getting a bit concerned with that because I cannot apply online now.

Thanx in advance.

@Dragoste, I probably can't help much here, but for what it's worth, are you using the latest version of Internet Explorer?  The online app didn't work for me in Chrome or Firefox.  Besides that, it still took me a few tries before it was successful.

@TyO, Yes, everything's submitted!

• New Members

If anyone has a guarantor name/address they wouldn't mind sharing, I would be really appreciative. Whether it's fake or real doesn't matter to me, but I unfortunately don't know anyone in China that could help fill that part of the application out. Thank you!

Hi all!

Still deciding if I would apply for VMO. 

Is anyone there who applyed on this program? Going to managment. Would like to hear about the whole process ('cause it's really hard for me to understand the whole process using csc's site and this program also). Should I apply to VMO's ofice at Geneva or to CSC? When will be results? 

What do you, gues, have heard about quota's of this scholarship (or, maybe, you know on what it was like in 2013 year and so on)? 

So want to hear your expirience. 
For me it's hard to apply for another's program of CSC 'cause I'm Russian and our Ministry of Education want to see just 5 people in China - 1. And because China University's program has canseld the possible to be accept as Bachelor in China so I don't have many chanses. Actually, VMO is the one and only program for me. Soo... it's pretty bad :/

hi guys, I have some questions:

1) I want to submit the CSC Application to the embassy in Indonesia. FYI, I already got the LoA from BLCU with the CSC application submitted to BLCU using BLCU's Agency No.

So, if I want to submit to China embassy in Indonesia, which agency no. should I use? The BLCU's (10032) or embassy's (3602)?

2) And also, I have printed the CSC form with the photo printed too,, I wonder, should I print the photo? Or have my photo attached to form? Please advise anyone

Many thanks before

I'm a bit confused about the number of copies.

Do I need to send two pieces of every part of the application documents (letters of recommendation, high school diploma, foreigner medical exam etc.) and then keep the originals with me, or do I just send one piece of each document and keep originals?

Which method did the previous year applicants use?

• New Members

Hello!

I have a few questions about putting the application packets together before sending them off to the embassy.

1. My notarized materials are in different sizes of envelopes with stamps on the envelope seals. Do I absolutely need to leave the materials inside the envelopes?

•  If so, does each envelope count as "one" of the 25 pages in the packet? Or does it count as however many are inside the envelope? 

2. How should the duplicates be organized?

• Is it one, big application with two of each part placed one after the other?
    Example:  application form 1, application form 2, medical form 1, medical form 2, transcript 1, transcript 2, etc. 

• Or should it be two completely separated application packets within one big envelope?
    Example: application form 1, medical form 1, transcript 1 (and then, in a separate bundle) application form 2, medical form 2, transcript 2 

3. If the duplicates need to be in separated packets, how should they be stuck together? Should they be stuck together at all?

• Should I be thinking paperclips/ etc.? Would staples be too crude? Or do I need to just leave it all loose and free inside a giant envelope and let the embassy deal with it?

I'm really excited to apply, and it's great seeing posts from everyone.
All best!
- Kate

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I am going to apply for master degree at Sun Yat Sen Univ. If I want to be chinese taught, do I have to attach HSK or HSKK in my application? But the thing is that I haven't got my HSK 5 certificate even if I take the exam four months ago. Of course I have filled a complaint but I got no response. Anyway, can I just use official statement from the institute where I register for the HSK?

Also, agustinahs, I am from Indonesia too. Nice to meet you. :D Do you know the deadline for CSC application in our country?

Thanks in advance for any answer. Cheers. :)

After dragging my feet for a week or two thinking I was just gonna stay in the US and work, I had a change of heart and am now scrambling to get this all together. :) Devoted all of today to going through the archives. Yes, its painful. I think I went through around 150 pages of posts between the years 2007 to 2011 but there is a ton of great info. 2012 and 2013 weren't as helpful (mostly repeated questions but I guess that depends on who you are and where you are applying).

A big thank you to all the courageous/crazy people who've come before and tried all sorts of stuff to make it easier for us newbies. Special thanks to extrapages, helios, brian us. A few others I can't remember but had very detailed long posts. This whole site has been wonderful as well. Definitely an overwhelming decision to apply for this obscure scholarship and decide where in massive China I would like to study.

I'm aiming for

1) Xiamen University

2) Ocean University

3) Hainan University

hopefully for the 2 year language program coming from the US (Ohio). Hopefully I get everything in within the next two weeks!

More to come...

----

I should add that useful info can be found on the British Columbia CSC website as well as universities in the US that have a CSC program. Usually their instructions are bit more clear.

----

Another place to get the physical exam form: http://www.cucas.edu.cn/HomePage/2011-11-16/Page_1266.shtml

Hey guys

Just a quick question. When it comes to getting degree certificates + transcripts notarised, is it enough to get the university we obtained them from to authenticate, or does it have to be taken to an actual notary?

Hi all, do you know if I can work in China while on CSC Scholarship? I have a job offer- so I would be in China on work visa, but I was thinking I would also apply for a PhD. scholarship, as my job is pretty flexible, but I cannot find anywhere in conditions if I can work and receive scholarship at the same time...

Hi all, do you know if I can work in China while on CSC Scholarship? I have a job offer- so I would be in China on work visa, but I was thinking I would also apply for a PhD. scholarship, as my job is pretty flexible, but I cannot find anywhere in conditions if I can work and receive scholarship at the same time...

Absolutely not, legally you can't. But if you want you can try

• Like 1

Guys, please answer my question. Does this year's Chinese Government Scholarship programs include Chinese language training programs? Because I will only only apply to this and not to a Masters or Doctorate program. Xie Xie!!!  :lol: Because when I search for the details of the program for this year, it seems that there is no information about chinese language training only applicants :(

• Like 1

@jobm  In my country, there are scholarships for language programs. My country's embassy and Ministry of foreign relations have information for us, but I have not seen a language only information in the csc portal.

• Like 1