Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Re: guarantor.  It looks like the contact mentioned on page 1 of this thread is no longer around (last login over a year ago).  :(  

Here are a couple ideas in order of possible usefulness:

(1) Contact your nearest Confucius Institute and ask if they could help or someone there could be a guarantor for you.  Chances are, one of the people running it has an address (or knows someone with an address) in China.  Also, if they know you're trying to learn Chinese and go to China, they (should) be friendly.

(2) Try to find a language partner in China who wouldn't mind sharing their address.

1. Create a profile on italki.com (make sure to have a nice-looking profile picture and interesting write-up)  (Also make sure to list English as your native language and Chinese as the language you are learning.)

2. Put something in your profile about being willing to help people with English/wanting to learn Chinese

3. Make sure to be active (logged in) at times that correspond to daylight (or evening) in China.  (For me in the US, that means morning and night.)

4. You should make a few friends from China pretty quickly.  (You can communicate through the website, Skype, or QQ.)

Of course, I wouldn't recommend trying this method unless were willing to commit to regular communication for language exchange.

Do the admins know of anyone?  Anyone else have ideas here?

@agustinahs

Regarding ECG and x-ray: A lab report from the hospital should be fine as long as it looks official.  Mine was just writing for the x-ray (no images).  Note that you don't have to have a report for the ECG (just the summary on the foreigner medical report).

@Razumihin

Based on information from previous years on the forum, the general recommendation is to send TWO copies of everything (and keep the originals)

@Kate00024

I don't know how it should be done -For me, I removed all envelopes and paperclipped my two complete sets of copies.

@Angelhwz, I believe they want the HSK, not the HSKK.  Sorry to hear about the delay.  Hopefully they get back to you soon!

@jolinstan, if it looks official from the university, I'm thinking that should be fine.  (You can search for similar questions on here from previous years.)  For me, I had my diploma photocopy notarized and included original copies of my school transcripts (which looked pretty official).

@jobm:  I certainly don't know!  The information that Chinese Embassy in US sent me included language training, but the website in China does not.  So, it's anyone's best guess on what happens this year!

I applied last year for a undergraduate program but this year i intend to apply for a master degree, since i wasnt aproved last year. I wonder if i can use the same recommendation letters or if i should get new ones (from the same or different professors?).

@agustinah thanks for your reply

@haoyu According to National coordinating Association for Chinese Language Education, I could just print out the hsk score report from internet and It would be recognized. But I am not so sure to believe it. Do you think it would be more official if I print it out and get it notarized? or maybe get a stamp on it from hanban? Would it work?

@Angelhwz, If I were in your shoes, I would probably go with your suggestion of printing out the test result and getting it notorized or a Hanban stamp (where do you get those?).  Also, if you're not too far over the 20-paper page limit, I'd probably also through in the HSKK just to support the application.

@TyO, I mailed mine to the second address on this webpage: http://www.sino-education.org/contact/index.htm

They probably go to the same place anyway, but if I did it again, I would probably double check by emailing the embassy to verify the address.

Hard deadline?  This is what the directions from the Embassy state:

"The above documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 20th via either the Chinese diplomatic mission in the applicant’s home country or the embassy of the applicant’s home country in China."

But does that mean that the documents need to arrive at CSC in China by April 20 (meaning that they need to arrive in DC much sooner)?  I don't know (and wouldn't want to take chances).

@Katty,  the 20 page limit is for each set (40 pages total for both sets together).  Mine was about 24 pages (due to not-very-concise medical records), so hopefully they show some mercy!  :)

Big question - how do I know which Universities offer are included in the CSC language program? Should I check it over here:

http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/universitysearchen.aspx

Should I only opt for the ones which have non degree language programs? What about Unis like Sichuan Uni which has a language program - but isnt supported by CSC according to the site?

Thanks for answering, guys! Hopefully, by the coming week I will have known the details of the chinese government scholarship program offered in our country. they said they have just got it last week and the person in charge will be coming back from abroad this tuesday.~

PLEASE HELP!

Im graduating in May, but the deadline for scholarship is by the end of March.

Can i just give the latest transctipst from the winter semester and than later give the transcript of diploma? Or there is other way?

:3

@Kat,  are you in college?  If so, you can just use your latest college transcript + high school diploma.  If you're in high school, I'd probably recommend giving your latest transcript and a letter from your school stating that you are in good standing and will be graduating in May.  Hope that helps!

• Like 1

• New Members

hi, I'm thinking about PhD in economics

I've been studying Management  etc. which included some economics courses, and I've been studying on my own,

I know that technicly it is possible to be accepted for the scholarschip.

(they asked me to send them some of my previous academic works, articules which prove my "abilities") 

and some reomendation letters (it's not a problem)

my question is "how hard is it to get the scholarship?"

I mean do I have to prepare very "pro" research acticles?

another question is related to hsk level - they require level 5- do you think that If I had level 4 and would pass level 5 after getting the scholar it would work?

HI, I have just finished all my medical examination and I am just wondering If I need to have everything translated into English or CHinese? My medical examinations takes around 6 pages so If I have to translate everything it will be at least 12 pages and I would never respect 20 pages limit, thanks!!!