Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Called Mr. Liu today...

Someone signed for it on Friday so I know my application safely made it to the embassy in D.C. but he couldn't seem to find it. He asked me to call back tomorrow at the same time.

A little bit worried but very happy to have someone answer the phone right away And speak clear english. I guess things have improved within the last few years.

• New Members

Hi! I'm didi. And i'm applying for the undergraduate scholarship. Do i need to send two recommendation letter for undergraduates? Because in the website it is written that only applicants for graduate programs and senior scholar programs need two recommendation letter. Thanks!

No luck today either. :( Mr. Liu still can't find my application. Trying to contact the front desk is near impossible to ask for Mr. Guo who signed. I really should have addressed the envelope to Mr. Liu Jiangyi instead of just attn:CSC Application and education department. Called a few different numbers and all the people over there didn't try too hard and were very quick and sharp with their replies before promptly hanging up. Maybe that much hasn't changed...lol

@didibahari, if the website says you don't need to, then it's up to you!  I did (I'm applying for the language program), but I have no idea if that will help or hurt.

@David Ma, sorry to hear about that!  Any chance you found out if the address you sent it to (3505) was the best one?

Yeah, Mr. Jiangyi and that address seems to be the right one. He knew exactly what I was talking about  when I mentioned CSC so I'm pretty sure. Might end up sending my entire app all over again.

Hi David,

I submitted my application in mid-February and have communicated (by email) with Mr. Liu a couple times.  However, I don't have an explicit status of my application (received, not received), so I plan to follow up once I also have the university admission letters to forward.  (I don't want them to get tired of me contacting them!)

--

EDIT March 24, 2014:  I followed up with the US embassy today, and yes, they did receive the application I sent in February to the 3505 address!

Hi Everyone,

I'm finding this whole application very confusing- I've got all my documents except xrays and bloodwork, and was wondering where I have to send my application form to? I called them embassy in London but they were wildly unhelpful and suggested that I speak to a university, but wouldnt specify whether this was in England or China? Any advice would be great

Cheers

I submitted my applications in 3 universities,

actually i completed my Bachelor in mathematics now i applying for master in mathematics my CGPA is 3/4 my application includes 2 letters of recommendation,study plan,foreign physical examination notarized copy,transcript and degree notarized copy...

is there any chance of getting scholarship...?

@Fysal, unfortunately, as Brian US mentioned in the first post, we don't really know the chances of getting the scholarship.  

It sounds like you've got all the right documents together.  I wish you the best in your application!

• New Members

Hi!

I'm Nina from Brazil and I have two simple questions (whose answers I have deeply sought in this forum, but no success):

1) I have already been accepted to study in Beida (PKU) - the online system of the university offers an "application tracker" service, which informed me that the official admission letter was sent by mail on 12 March 2014 and I should allow 28 days for delivery, which means that the letter will not arrive in time for me to add it to the documents for the Scholarship. Do you think I should print screen the system of Beida and add it as a document of the application? Or do you have any suggestions on how to try to guarantee my first (and only) option of university? I will write this info on the study plan but I think it would be better to attach some kind of prove that I have already been accepted there.

2) Should I complete the Family Members section with my family's information or is it linked to the Guarantor in China?

I appreciate your help on it!

Nina

@NinaBrazil, 

1) I think that's a great idea (printing off the screen to show your acceptance).

2) From what I understand, the Family Members Section is for your family (not the guarantor).

@brkic, I don't know, sorry!