Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Hey guys, 

I got a letter today (from my university international office) saying that I have been awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship. However, they haven't told me what to do next? Do I have to contact the universities I want? Or have they already done that? Help would be greatly appreciated. 

@eponym Hi, you already got the scholarship?! Congratulation. Anyway, It is really strange that some participants have been awarded with the scholarship even thought its still april. There is a girl in my country (Indonesia) who have been informed by the embassy she has got it. And when I emailed the embassy, they told me to wait till june or july. According to last year participant, april should be the time they recommended scholarship candidates to csc. Maybe Its new system or what... Anyone else already got the scholarship? :)

Also, I think you could try to contact university you want, maybe they already got your documents. Good luck.

• New Members

@angelhwz same here, i'm from Indonesia too, when i contact the embassy, they always told me to wait until june without any further explanation. the girl you said who get the scholarship, did she apply directly to the university or through the Chinese embassy?

@didibahari she applied via embassy.

@Lin you le such a small world XD. I heard she havent got the admission letter when she apply to the embassy. So, admission letter is not the determining factor afterall.

With this I have meet 4 indonesian who participated in this scholarship. Do you know how much quota for our country this year?

@Angelhwz Admission letter from what? Embassy or university? She have both, she show me last week. I'm Brazilian, each scholarship process is different.

Chinese embassy in Indonesia said all students who received the scholarship is for master degree, just her is for study Chinese language.

The process inside the embassy is not very clear also..

Hello to everyone, 

I applied for the scholarship using the University Agency number (Beijing Institute of Technology), week ago I got a mail from the University  that I am  pre-admitted as 2014 Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) candidate in Beijing Institute of Technology.  After signing the document I got a mail with confirmation and also they said to me that they will deliver the formal admission notice and visa application form in one month after having reported to the CSC council. 

I don't know where I am in the process of getting scholarship, and is it sure that I will be admired for scholarship or still I there are chances to be rejected.
I hope someone have same or similar experience  :help

CGS Means Chinese Government Scholarship Programme, whereas CSC is Chinese Scholarship Council which run this Scholarship every year. Oh I am sorry, if you succeeded this time, may be you have some good opportunity in some other university later on. Good Luck Dear.

wow.. that is so fast

@broker Mine is different from you. I already got the formal admission notice today from Xiada. They told me to apply for student visa but I dont even know if I am nominated to csc or not. :"(

@lin you le I dont think we are talking about the same person here XD. The girl I told you will do her master degree in law at beijing. I am talking about admission letter from university.eventho she dont have it she got accepted for the scholarship.

@Angelhwz I don't know if it is different or no maybe it's same, but also a week before the mail they call me to ask am I going to accept the scholarship if I am selected, and after that I got this mail, on the document says that the formal admission notice will be issued after they receive my confirmation. and it finish with "We are glad to have you join us soon".  :lol:.

I also ask the responsible person from the university and she said that usually there is no problem with CSC confirmation. 
I hope we are on the same step of the process. 

@Angelhwz I am sending you the text from the documents, if you have the similar documents, probably we are on the same step.  

We are pleased to inform you that you have been pre-admitted to the Master program of ****** with Chinese Government Scholarship for the fall 2014 academic year. 

If you decide to accept this offer, please print the form and sigh below to confirm your acceptance to us ( mail and information how to send the documents) 

The formal admission notive will be issued after we recieve your confirmation. We are glad to have you join us soon.