Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Oh, it seems very different for each one of us. In my case, we would only find out this week if the dispatching authority here will nominate/recommend us and just by then our documents will be submitted to the Embassy and then to the CSC and so on. But I applied for a one year language program. I hope my target universities will announce the successfull language program applicants as well

@jobm I forgot to ask someone, regarding the language course you mansion, I apply just for 2 year master, and since I don't know Chinese i found a English program, Now on the official document I saw that they have change my major with Chinese language program. So If i get the scholarship I don't know who will cover my language courses and living cost for one year. 

@Angelhwz thanks! The people I know who got the CGS last year were also told they had been awarded it around this time. It might just be how they do things here in the UK. I was told that if you apply without an admissions letter and you don't apply through a Chinese University it's best to contact your nearest Confucius Institute and tell them where you want to apply because they are more than likely to have connections and can speed up the process/get them to actually look at your application. So just a heads up for anyone else who finds themself in a similar situation. 

Guys, I received following reply from one University, kindly guide me for this. "Rashid, We are pleased to inform you that we have examined your application materials. We have decided to enroll you to study in our university you will also be the candidate of Beijing City Scholarship.Your scholarship for studying in China will be covered the tuition only."

Anyone here apply for MCTSOL? Xiada just told me my application is invalid because this year (why dont tell me earlier? all my efforts gone just like that), CSC will not consider anyone who apply for MCTSOL. *sobs* All my applications are invalid. I have no choice to re- apply through Konfucius scholarship (I have hear the horror stories about it, ie just 20% scholarship student will get the scholarship on the second year).

Is that any applicant from Brazil who got notice from brazilian MRE or Chinese Embassy? Last year I got an e-mail from them confirming my application and informing the number of applicants. This year I haven't. I tried e-mailing them but no answer. I will try calling them.

Btw, for all other applicants, do you know how many applicants per year do you usually have in your country? 

@Pauan

I remember when I was looking before I saw that the number of admissions expect about 70,000 students

why you apply for something you dont interested .....what your email Hotmail or windows ? becoze my univ said that kind of email its blocked by system sooo im                

worry becoz that   :wall  :wall 

hope still here ...... God willing   :roll:  :roll:

Actually I sent them my electronics documents through Email and and applied for CSC, don't know why they consider me for Partial Scholarship, may be there is some quota issue.

I use Gmail and Yahoomail. Don't worry If you are selected then they can call you.

anybody who applied to North Western Polytechnic University.? I send them a number of emails about confirming that they got my application or not but still no reply from them and those who applied to Shandong university so wait till 30 May they told me that the result would come out around 30 May...

With partial vs full scholarships, I was told locally that I should apply for a full scholarships because certain schools will only give full scholarships to the very best applications. Everyone else gets partial or none. I was told that even if you ask for partial (tuition only), some unis have given partial partial scholarships (such as they pay for half of your tuition).

Btw, I have sorted out my reapplication issues and my new application is with my local Confucius Institute to send to the uni of my choice. Gee the chinese like cutting deadlines fine!

hello,...

This year I applied for a master Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages  in fujian shifan daxue. when we know that we success or not to get scholarship? i sent this application to Confucius Institue in Jakarta (Indonesia), and CI will sent my application to fujian shifan daxue. CI  said fujian shifan agree with my application and i must wait notification from 留学委基金会.

@Fysal, my status is same as yours, but today I got message that on April 29th, they have submitted my application materials to the CSC council and now waiting for their final decision. 
In one to two months, they will send the formal admission notice and visa application form by post after getting the FINAL LIST .
and also I got some information about the living condition etc. 
  • Like 1

@sharoq. Dear I think you clicked on Retrieving Button by some mistake. With this button you took back your application, so now your University and CSC have no access to your data. Your status should be, "Your form has been already submitted" or "The application form is currently checking".

Re-submit it as soon as possible in order to avoid any loss, as most of the universities have started their process.