Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Today I received this letter: Dear Student,

According to the weather broadcast, there will be a heavy rain on Saturday tomorrow. So culture exhibition will be postponed to this Sunday (May 11). Time and place remain the same. 
Looking forward to your participation :)

from Wuhan University of Technology  that my third chose  I'm just surprised not that good surprise   :conf  :conf  :conf

• Like 1

I sent in my application directly to Xiamen University (because that's what they told me to do) and just got an email from them saying that they have "nominated" me for the scholarship. 

Important information contained in the email that everyone should know is that they say the results should be in "late June or early July" so that might just be a timeframe for everyone to watch for! Or you know, things could get pushed back until August... It's China, so you can never be sure! But yeah, I now at least have a sort-of "official" channel giving a timeframe, so take it with a grain of salt, but start getting just a little excited about the possibility!

Please note: I applied for a Masters in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MCTSOL) scholarship, the "general scholar" language scholarships could operate on a completely different schedule for all I know...

FadedStardust,

I also applied to Xiamen, though separately. I sent my CSC application to the embassy in D.C. and then applied separately to Xiamen.

Are you saying you sent the CSC appliation to Xiamen directly?

@fadedstardust I also applied to xiada for mctsol. But after I get the admission letter they told me they dont accept chinese government scholarship application for mctsol (how strange! They already accept the application) and in one way or another they "force" me to apply for confucius scholarship and guarantee me that I will get it. The one who always contacted me is chen laoshi. :"( but i hear that you have to pay by yourself the second year if you dont get average score 90 (confucius scholarship sure is scary)

@Angelhwz It may be that Xiamen University has already filled its quota for CGS nominations and are offering you another route.  Otherwise it makes no sense that they are nominating others who want to do MCTSOL for the scholarship. 

@eponym it might be that. But the wording are rather strange coz they told me that this year they wont accept application for mctsol. They exactly stated this : 中国政府高校研究生项目就不再考虑汉语国际教育硕士专业的申请了。Maybe I am just not in luck. Hahaha..

Anyway, anyone here applying for fujian normal university? Do you hear anything from them?

@sa1365

I applied through embassy. My first option was Beijing Film Academy. At that time I applied for undergraduate degree, which is why I believe I haven't got the scholarship, as I heard here in Brazil they don't pick students for undergraduate. This year I applied for master.

@angelhwz , i applied csc in fujian shifan daxue, i sent all my application to Confucius Institut, and CI will sent to fujian shifan daxue. a teacher in CI said fujian shifan daxue agree with my aplication , but fujian shifan daxue must wait decision from csc. till now, i still wait. i hope can receive CSC.

@Lin You Le I didn't get the scholarship. I believe they only give scholarships to applicants for language course or post-graduation. Everyone who applied for undergraduate courses, didn't get it. Which is strange, because either in the MRE website or the chinese embassy website there is no mention about language course, but they do mention about scholarship for undergraduate degree. Go figure...

@shroq and @Fysal thanks for the gratitude. I hope you guys will get good news some day, I wish very good success for you guys ahead.

@shroq. This will not be a big issue, if you not sent ur documents in duplicate. If you are selected they manage it by themselves. 

• Like 2

Hi, everyone. I would like to know that will the universities send the emails or news to those who failed to become scholarship nominated candidates at the same time they inform those successful scholarship nominee?

Do the universities have the policy that they must inform all the applicants about the application status (success or failure) before a specific deadline (e.g. 15May or third week of May)?

Thanks for your all feedbacks.