Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

@TTTHEGREAT

Did you apply for which scholarship? Chinese Government Scholarship, University Scholarhip or Counfucius Institute Scholarship?

I think some weeks later I`ll be in the same problem that you was before.

"(意见:该生汉语水平已超过一学年研修生培养目标。奖学金名额有限,不予资助。)" They told you you didn't get the scholarship because you need to study one more year of Chinese, or that you get the scholarship but cant start your master (?) now because need to study one more year of Chinese?

Thanks~

I applied directly to 华东师范大学 and through Chinese Embassy to 复旦大学, both in Shanghai. I study Ancient Chinese History, specially History of Ancient Chinese MedicineI, in both universities I have recommendation letter from teachers who are willing to be my advisor. The problem is 华师大 two weeks later will announce the results, but the Embassy is just in July. I really want to go to 复旦大学, but Im also a little bit afraid if I deny 华师大 scholarship later I`ll have nothing lol

I think the best way is to contact directly the universities you applied or call CSC, not just send email.

Anyone else is living in China also?

Thanks~

@Lin You Le

OK, first of all, the Chinese sentence you have posted can be translated as below:

"(意见:该生汉语水平已超过一学年研修生培养目标。奖学金名额有限,不予资助。)"

"Opinion: This student's Chinese proficiency has surpassed the teaching objective of program established for the one academic year General Student (please baidu 普通/语言进修生,the 一学年研修生 falls into this category), the number of seats for scholarships is limited, (he/she) will not be financed"

It means that in their opinion, you no longer need such a Language Program since your Chinese Proficiency has exceeded their expectation, they intend to reserve such scholarships for those (mediocre Chinese Learners) who need it the most to further enhance their Chinese learning ability. However, this requirement is what all the recommending institutes were not aware of, because logically scholarships should be given to those excellent students not mediocre students. You may try appealling with your recommending institutes, or lodge complaints witth the bureau if you can.

@TTTHEGREAT

Sorry, I think I first misunderstood your post than you misunderstood mine haha.

That is not my status on laihua, I just copied yours because I didn't understand if they have or not admitted you, and if not, what reason. I didn`t applied by Hanban, just now I realized that Hanban is not a university, but Confucius Institute haha. 

@Lin You Le

haha, now I also realize, dont worry mate, if your academic performance (perhaps including study proposal too) is really good, they will want no matter your Chinese Proficiency. They will give you one year Chinese Language Program first to see whether if you are able to undertake Chinese medium taught courses. After all, Beijing wants to expand its global influences (of course with the spread of Chinese Language), and in my opinion, the scholarship issuances are determined based on whether Beijing can cultivate a pro-China knowledgeable individual in the future.

As a CIS student, I feel it's really unfair for you to consider anyone on this scholarship "mediocre". I know I'm not 'mediocre'. There is a difference between those who have already passed HSK 6 and those of us who have not. You guys are no longer considered people who need help. You've already completed the highest level on the Chinese proficiency test. As the quota does have a limit, they would simply prefer to award the scholarships to those who aren't there yet. Is that fair? I personally don't think so because when it comes to languages, there is always room for improvement.  However, it is how it is.

@TTTHEGREAT

I'm Brazilian, China every year give a lot of scholarship to brazilian students, but don`t have many of us who want to come to China, most who want to come here is just to study one year of Chinese or study master/doctor degree in English, not Chinese.

I'm a little bit worried because if I would be accepted by 华师大 two weeks later, usually we need to confirm something? Because if I need, maybe I cant get the scholarship through the Embassy (and I prefer this because is 复旦大学).

Anyway, maybe I'm thinking too much, I everyday read posts in this forum and a lot of people talking about admission make me nervous haha.

Thanks to all of you and congrats who get nominated and best wishes to them who are still waiting for results.

My status changed to currently checking just before 3 days of result announcement. 

• Like 1