Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 American/EU Applicants

haoyu

Hi

Could I ask for your help? I was wondering if you guys applied to your university before submitting the scholarship application form?

The university I want to apply to does not open their application process until March 1st 2014, that's a little too late for me to be submitting my application for a CSC goverment scholarship for the 1 year language program!

What should I do guys?

Thanks,

Ink15

Niax, I have emailed to Mr Chen Gong , he has written "Our next year program is more or less the same as this year, it will begin next February." So I think it s better to wait til the official call.

I guess you should choose universities according to your own tastes taking into consideration rankings and feedback a from the students. It worths reading the thread about the scholarships results 2013 to learn about the most most popular universities and if the applicants got the scholarship.

Don't miss this thread : http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/31281-want-to-know-where-to-study-read-this/

• New Members

Hey, I am looking at applying for the language program for 1-2 years possibly. Are there any tips that will increase my chances of being accepted? I was going to list my top three choices as: Peking, Tsinghau, and Chongqing.

Any idea how selective they are or which consulate I should send my information through? I'm believe I will use the consulate in Chicago.

The medical portion didn't seem that difficult but from what I've been reading it seems thorough, any thoughts on that?

Any tips will be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Well, for me the entire medical was free. I'm British. Oh, my mistake, I did have to pay for the x-ray (about £10, which is about $15?). The ECC, blood tests for HIV etc and everything else didn't cost me anything.

God save the Queen, and the national health service :D

• Like 1

@Jack Stallone:

Chances are quite low for Tsinghua and BeiDa, due to the fact that the scolarship spots for these two universities are quite limited... If you want to get a scholarship, try to apply for universities outside the top ten Chinese unis. The language program is quite the same in every university, so participating in BeiDa or Tsinghua's language program is quite the same as going to tier 2 level cities' universities, but your chances are a lot better regarding the latter ones. Based on my experience, in terms of language programs, the reputation of a university is not relevant, I went to a tier 3 city to learn Chinese, but my Chinese skills developed a lot better than my friend who studied at top unis.

Anyway, Chongqing is a good choice since the number of foreigners are not so high, and they are super friendly to you, so I recommend universities in Chongqing. Chengdu is also a good choice, Sichuan University is very famous, so you can kill two flies with one hit: go to a university with good reputation and place yourself in a great language environment.

Hi everyone! I have some questions I'd like to ask..

I'm applying from Italy, I'll send the documents to the office in Brussels and I'm supposed to send an empty envelope with my address and stamps on it. Is there an 'European stamp ' I didn't know about? Can i just put the Italian ones? I asked to the post office here and they said they don't know which stamp I should buy... hope you can help me out..

Second question.. I really want to go to Yunnan so I'm applying to three universities there, do you think I'm doing the right thing or should I apply to some other regions too?

• New Members

@ ninirocks the comissions in Brussels asks for international coupons. Italian or any other national stamps won't do. You can check what these coupons are here. Did you specifically ask for international reply coupons at your post office? If not then try again sa may did not understand what you were looking for. If you did and they didn't know what you were talking about maybe try another branch. I don't know if this happens in Italy but sometimes clercks here don't bother looking into something they are not familiar with when they are very busy. So I think if you insist and ask for this specific product you'll be able to get it.

I also have another question guys.

I have just had my full medical done in the UK at virtually no cost to me (X-ray, ECG, bloodtests etc etc).

I read somewhere that I can just have the test "verified" at the Haidian Clinic of Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center.

Does this mean I don't have to take the tests all over again?

I also read that this verification costs 60rmb whereas the full physical test at the clinic costs about 600rmb.

Has anyone here just had their reports from their home countries verified? What does this term verfiied actually mean ? Does it mean I don't have to have another x-ray etc if they accept my UK test results? Does anyone have experience of this recently?

Thanks

Ink

Where are yall getting the printable application and medical forms from? Every link I clikc on seems to be broken. If someone could please supply these links, that would be fantastic!

Thanks kindly

• New Members

Have scholarships for language training been eliminated for the year 2014-2015 in EU-Window? Looking at the official announcement here there is no mention about language training scholarships. However the web-site of China Mission in Brussels does include them in their announcement. Does anyone know if they are still available or not?

Hi! I saw the link you posted, I guess the language training program is the one called "general scholar programs".

But I can't find anything on the web site of China mission in Bruxelles, could you post the link please?

Thanks everyone :)

• New Members

I don't think general schoral reffers to language training ecause the call for apllication for the previous year mentioned both (general scholar and language training) seperately. If you visit this link of China Mission in Europe and open annex 1 at the bottom of the page you can see about language training eligibility, whose demands are different than general scholars'.

Now about one semester scholarship I don't really know. I think it's for one solid year but you can e-mail them and ask because I am not sure.

Hi,

Please tell me what scholarship type should I select. I want to study Chinese language for one year. Just that. I will do it on the Bilateral Agreement. 

So what am I? A general scholar? Should I select visiting scholar? and just Chinese language?

Or shoud I invent a master program and ask for a preparation year?

Please someone answer me because my deadline is in one week

Any Dutchies here? I have a question about what 'Highest Degree' I should send along with my application:

In the Netherlands, Universities give out a so called 'Propaedeutic' Diploma after a student has succesfully complete his/her entire first year of an undergraduate. In my case, though I als have a high school diploma, this Propaedeutic Diploma is my highest obtained degree (I will obtain my Bachelor's in July).

So my question is: should I send a copy of my Propaedeutic Diploma or of my high school diploma? I'm not sure China recognizes the former, but my high school diploma is in Dutch...

Thanks in advance for your response.

Michiel

• New Members

Hello,

I'm an American working in China. I put together an application but I've been having trouble physically submitting it. Because I'm in China, I had my mother submit it to the embassy in DC in my stead. What she's told me is that when she tried to take it there in person, she was turned away at the gate and told to mail it in instead, but when she mailed it, we found from tracking the delivery online that when it arrived no one at the embassy signed off on it. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had problems like this--particularly with the embassy in Washington?

Thanks in advance.