Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 American/EU Applicants

haoyu

I can confirm that I have applied for Grad school.However, I think it would be strange to have different times for different programs. Why would it not all happen at a similiar time.

Is anybody planning on studying in Beijing?

Is anybody else applying for the Shanghai municipal government scholarship? I've applied for a master's program at shanghai jiaotong university. From the update online, it appears that I got it, but I haven't been contacted yet by the university, so I don't entirely trust the website. Does anybody else have experience applying online for the category A scholarship? Here's what it says online when I check the status of my application.

Registered Project:
Register for  SHANGHAI JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY  Master’s Degree Program  (Apply for Scholarship Category A As Well)
Current Status:
Registration Form: received;  Scholarship: received You have decided to study in this school.

International_Greenwich

I am one of the 14 confirmed scholarship recipients in grawrt's group. I applied directly to CSC and not a specific university for graduate studies. Good luck to everyone still in limbo.

I received my scholarship acceptance letter April 21st. Attached to it was an admission notice to Hebei Normal University (not one of my 3 choices). My teacher was able to get me in contact with someone from Jilin University (one of my choices) and that person gave me a pre-admission letter. They also said they wanted me at the school but I’m not sure they ever received my application. I emailed Mr. Liu telling him I preferred to go there over HNU and he said it should be fine and I should just wait for the results in July. What does this mean? Is there still a chance I won’t go to Jilin University? Since I’ve been approved for the scholarship, am I supposed to also apply to more schools? The person who I spoke with from Jilin University said that universities are only supposed to be sending out pre-admission letters and HNU sending the admission notice was them being competitive about receiving international students.

Hey guys :(( I was reading Call for Application again and realized that I sent only 1 International Reply Coupon instead of 3! I was so nervous abou all the documents that I had to misread it.... Do u think I still can do sth?? Maybe I should send them the rest of coupons.... Today I'm going to try to contact Mr. Chen Gong, shiit....:((

I got an email today that I received the scholarship! (Language student)

Apparently from the looks of it we get to pick our schools! Really exciting! I also received like 10 other people's admission letters if anyone else is wondering if they were included!

Thank you!! I'm from the US...I didn't expect to hear till July either. I don't want to write anyone's name randomly on a forum but if you want me to look for yours specifically I'd be happy to. 

Also I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet - - it seems they're sending out emails in groups every couple of days. 

Hi all!

I got an email yesterday that I received the scholarship!!! The email says that we are "encouraged to reach out to our dream schools" as soon as possible, but then I got an email with an admission letter from Hebei Normal University. HNU was not in my original list of schools. It does seem like we are allowed apply to schools on our own, which is really nice. Based on what I can read about Shijiazhuang, I think I might apply somewhere else...!

Like geometry, I have a document with mine and 9 others' award letters!

Euhm, question for the American people who already received the scholarship: when did you expect to receive the confirmation, like, what date did the CSC website give? For EU it says that it'll take till July, so I was wondering if maybe we also could hope for earlier certainty/results.

Congratulations to those who have already received their confirmations!

If you receveied a group of admission letters, would you please check my name, too? Adrian Bazavan. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I dont think that the European citizens will be notified before July :/ In 2012 and 2013 it was around July 10!!  But it seems that we can contact the universities and see if we are on their ''scholarship'' list!! Did anyone apply for BLCU language program? :)

I have already sent my CSC application to the embassy and the Embassy said they sent it to CSC. When I logged into CSC website it now says my status is "Application form has been already recovered."  So it would seem that they have my application. I also just got my admission letter from Peking University. Since I sent my CSC application before I got the acceptance letter, I emailed CSC to let them know. Hopefully they will know that I got into Peking University and apply the scholarship to that university. I will have to try and call them on thier Monday to confirm everything. 

Did anyone apply for BLCU language program?  :)

I did too. Did you get the pre-admission letter from them? And if so, have you heard from them afterwards? I got my letter, sent my documents and everything to the embassy last month and then... nothing. Guess I'll have to wait until July. :<