Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 American/EU Applicants

haoyu

Hey everyone, i'm new!

I'm applying for the scholarship this year from the UK, just waiting for my references to arrive - getting my medical tomorrow. I'm really nervous of not getting a place, I just hope that I do enough to be offered. My choices are Harbin Institute of Tech, East China Normal University and Beijing Normal. I'd be happy to be offered any (but i'm applying through the embassy in London since none of the programs will be open by the deadline which is a bit annoying)

Hello everybody,

I am applying for EU window scholarship for one year non-degree program in China and I am a little bit lost in the matter of all documents we need to send in ducplicate! So for example, for my high school diploma, I need to have an official transalation of course, I get it. But should I send this official notarized translation + another notarized translation of my diploma or should I keep one of them and send only one original document and one photocopy made by myself?

And what about the acceptace letter? Is it crucial when they consider our application? I could have a letter from the University in Beijing but I need to do my new passport because I only have my emergency passport right now, and as the deadline is April 30th I do not have enough time to send all the documents to Beijing University in order to have the acceptance letter...

Thank you and good luck to all applicants!!! We are on the same boat!!! :)

Right to annex 1 of the schoolarship:

1. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proofs of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.

Academic Transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English

so I think, photocopy is allowed. About your second question, University application is not crucial.

and for the foreigner physical examination, we are supposed to send 2 photocopies?? Does it matter if it is in color or only black and white?

Yes, two photocopies! Original copy of the physical examination is needed when you'll go to China. Color or black and white doesn't matter.

Katty, my choice is 

1. Tongji Daxue

2. BNU  :)

3. SHanghai Daxue

where is Tongji Daxue?

• New Members

To other American applicants:

Are you sending your applications to the various embassy's? or taking them in personally to the embassy? Does anyone have any contacts at the embassies who are particularly helpful? 

Thanks in advance,

Jack Stallone

JackTheCrow, Tongi Daxue is in Shanghai.

BTW, does anyone know any other  good universities in Shanghai which offer language program under this scholarship? ( I know about East China Normal University and Shanghai University)

• New Members

Hi,

I have a problem with online application. I would like to go to China for a one year language course, I even have the Admission Notice from Sichuan University, but.... when I go to online application page and the bookmark ,,language proficiency and proposed study in China"  I select "apply for: chinese language student" and below that I have to choose major and disciplin.... I don't know how to deal with that, cause I am not a candidate for a degree program, what should I select to make it correct. Any suggestions - please?

Thanks for your help Haoyu.

One more quick question UK guys - what address did you send it to? I was hoping to take it in person but unfortunately can't. I'm going to post it tomorrow, unless I hear otherwise to the Embassy Education Centre?

Also got the news that I've been accepted in Harbin Institute of Tech so YAY!

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful information. I'm nearly finished with my application. I kept running into bad luck (my printer broke, I couldn't find a place to print the application form, my doctor forgot the chest x-ray, I sent my computer to get fixed without first printing my personal statement essay) arrghh. But I'm nearly through with everything. I just have one last thing to print out and im dooone. I hope I'm not the only one whose sending their applications out so late D:

@satine91,

Are you talking about the CSC application?  Here's what I put for mine:

Apply for: Chinese Language Student

Disciplines: Literature

Majors: Chinese Language

(Actually, I only filled out "Apply For."  The "Disciplines" and "Majors" fields auto-completed to the options above referenced.

@jolinstan, Congratulations on getting an acceptance letter!!

Hello, I recently received information from the Chinese consulate in Chicago (U.S.) that I have been awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship. I also have my award letter reference number. But I have many questions. The first is the Foreigner Physical Exam Form. Do I need to do this in the U.S. or in China? If I need to do this in the U.S. can I go to any doctor’s office to do this, or is there a special place? I live in Colorado. Second, I will be graduating this year with my Bachelor’s degree and I plan on attending Peking University for my Master’s degree which is taught in Chinese. I speak Chinese very well but my writing is not that great. I therefore need to study Chinese language for one year. I am not sure what step I should take next. Should I just pick a school to study Chinese and then apply for Peking University later? Should I apply for the Peking program even though my HSK score is not high enough and tell them I will complete that requirement within a year. I am so confused I am not even sure what I should ask. Does anybody have more information on what steps I should take next?

• New Members

@ hayou

and one more question - you just filled the duration of your major and chose option ,,no" for 'do you need elementary chinese study prior to your major study'?

Just want to make sure if my way of thinking is right before I submit it.