Chinese-Forums

QQSRX: list of episodes

realmayo

Great! -- The Overseaskids site actually offers it as RSS feeds so you can pop it into a podcast downloader (iTunes should work, Zune worked fine for me) and it will just download the episodes from the list.

Should get prompted for the password.

Very very useful as now I have the audio on my mp3 player.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

one of this weeks, 6000警力只抓到60人 is instructive in that it seems like as soon as the topic of male prostitution comes up the three of them can't help giggling. Interesting though, and they refer to 李银河, 王小波's wife. 

There's also one on Feng Xiaogang's New Year show, but I haven't listened to that. 

• 7 months later...

http://phtv.ifeng.com/listpage/677/1/list.shtml

The website seems to have changed a bit. There used to be two separate episode lists: one gave you links to the videos of each episode, the other gave you links to the transcripts.

But since the end of August the list of transcripts (here: http://phtv.ifeng.com/program/qqsrx/list_0/0.shtml) has not been updated.

As before, if you go to the main website and select previous episodes from the list below, or click on the 更多 link and do the same, you only get the video, no transcripts.

However, the video player that opens up in the top half of the main website has a sidebar on the right which takes you to pages for previous episodes. And those pages contain both the full video and the full transcript.

So to find transcripts, you need to use the sidebar on the right.

So far the list there goes back to the start of September, when the original transcript page ceased updating. As long as the list isn't trimmed, this will be the way to find all post-August transcripts.

In case they do get trimmed, I'm copying the link to any episodes I watch, so if the links vanish and anyone wants the transcript I can -- for the time being at least -- probably dig it up.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Found a page of transcripts links: http://phtv.ifeng.com/listpage/677/1/list.shtml

Here's how to get transcripts for episodes that come after the main transcripts page stopped updating, but which are old enough that they've fallen off that sidebar on the right on the main page:

Do a google search. (If I paste the link directly, the formatting messes it up.)

You need to search google for:    site:phtv.ifeng.com/a/20141111/     锵锵三人行

...but change the date to one day after the date of the episode you're looking for (because the transcript goes up one day after the show).

(edit: corrected link)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Yesterdays episode was pretty good.

http://phtv.ifeng.com/program/qqsrx/#010380d6-fe6e-4e49-b659-b21eae2e5bed

Talking points:

1) Whether the female guest is really against marriage or not

2) Why Chinese women like to marry foreigners

3) Why Russian women like to be with Chinese guys

At the end look out for the reason the male guest gives for dumping his French girlfriend back in the day.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Sometimes it's easy to get a bit lost when they're talking about some Chinese celebrity whom I've never heard of, but yesterday's show was easy to follow along too. They discussed:

The racist shooting Charleston

Experiences studying in the deep south

American attitudes towards race

Who's more racist, Chinese or Americans?

http://v.ifeng.com/news/world/201506/0172a1d2-f3f2-48e4-b248-c9b062dcea51.shtml

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, a Game of Thrones ep? That sounds fun. Actually a CCTV version of GoT would be brilliant. 

Ep1: Detective Zhang of the King's Landing PSB quickly solves the mystery of the murder of Jon Arryn.

I've just finished watching 《三国》 and I guess that's the closest we're going to get to a Chinese GoT for the time being.  Actually there are quite a few similarities (SPOILER ALERT):

1. A handful of ruthless warlords trying to unite the kingdom, one of whom you are kind of meant to root for (the Starks and the Shu kingdom).

2. Heartbreakingly sudden, unexpected and inglorious deaths of your favourite characters (GuanYu, ZhangFei, various Starks)

3. Lots of conspiracies, schemes and backstabbing (although I don't think anyone in GoT really comes close to ZhugeLiang or ZhouYu in terms of tricks and strategy)

4.Huge set-piece battles involving lots of burning ships (did George R Martin know about 赤壁 before he wrote his book?)

I love both, but GoT just pips it due to:

1. Explicit cursing (ZhugeLiang does kill someone by merely insulting them, so maybe 三国 more than matches GoT and it's just that my 文言 just isn't good enough to detect all the 古代 c-bombs).

2. 三国's criminal lack of female nudity and sexposition (having DiaoChan doing some elegant dance for LvBu just doesn't cut it).

3. Dragons and zombies!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just discovered that one of the regular guests (马未都) has his own show on youku where he talks about a different topic each episode (rather like QQSRX, only without the other two people). I'm using them as semi-background noise while I study other stuff (my brain tunes in and out depending on my interest in what he's talking about). There are currently 75 episodes, each one discussing a different topic, so I'm sure there will be something for everyone. The latest is about Chinese students studying abroad (留学生:一代不如一代)  http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMwMzU2ODMyOA==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2

Two interesting things he talked about were:

1. Putting his son into an English high school where there were no other Chinese students, despite his son barely be able to speak a word of English (马未都 believes in the hardcore immersion method when it comes to learning languages). He said his was completely lost in the first three months, but able to follow the lessons within six.

2. He says that Chinese students who study abroad are missing out on opportunities due to the high number of foreigners who speak really good Chinese now (a claim I find a bit dubious)

There was also something about China's first nuclear weapons test and probably lots of other interesting stuff that I missed out on while only half listening as I read the newspaper.

• Like 2

I payed the $5 odd dollars to get a permanent password. Seems to be working just fine. The only negative is that the quality of the archived episodes of QQSRX aren't the best. Still, well worth it for the conveniance alone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, whats the current situation with getting transcripts for the recent episodes?

I looked at the above instructions but it didn't seem to work so I'm thinking the situation might have changed.

I can follow the topic of conversation without too much trouble but they use a lot of very specific vocabulary which means I got lost pretty easily in the finer details of what they're saying.