Chinese-Forums

Movie title help

Kateriina

• New Members

Hello everyone,

I remember watching this film a few years ago but forgot the title. I remember one of the opening scenes was of a young man who saw a beautiful girl swinging on some rope and he fell in love with her and married her. He later was studying to become a government official. Once he passed the test he had to leave town. Once he left a new corrupt district leader came to his town and requested all the eligible young women to attend. The man's wife did not come. She was forced to come later when the new district leader learned she did come to his requested meeting for all young women. He tried to force her to become his new wife/mistress. She continually refused him. He had her legs beaten repeatedly with bamboo or wooden stick. Her heroics spread across the area. The husband returned in secret and asked about her and was shunned for asking about her. He was undercover in a high position for the government and was observing how the new district leader was acting. Once he gathered enough information, he brought back order to the district.

Does anyone know the title of this movie??

I have been trying to look it up and have had no success!!

Thanks,

K

• 6 months later...