Chinese-Forums

What kind of Chinese music might appeal to me?

Jeremy Andrews

I don't actually know a lot about genres, so I'm just going to link a couple of English songs I like as an example of my taste.

Nightwish - The Escapist

Styx - Brave New World

Assemblage 23 - Anthem

The Cruxshadows - Wake the White Queen

I'm not very knowledgeable about what kind of music they have in China, so I'm just wondering if they have anything that would appeal to someone like me. I would think so, but I don't know.

I think it would be more useful if you say what you don't like. If you say you don't like heavy metal or hip hop then people will know to avoid linking those. 

I'll post a few different styles of Chinese music that I listen to occasionally:

• Like 1

If I had to characterise it from the bands you posted, seems like your music taste is vaguely "gothy" (my goth friends would almost certainly kill me for mischaracterising gothiness, which still kinda eludes my grasp as a concept).

In my personal experience, I haven't honestly come across anything resembling a goth scene in Chinese music. With that said...

http://www.rockinchina.com/w/Category:Gothic_Artists

Shows what I know, eh? The above site is also a great resource for Chinese music in general. Despite the name, it now includes even genres that fall outside the broad umbrella of "rock", although it's certainly not definitive.