Chinese-Forums

New Year Decoration for my Door

Meng Lelan

Yes, I moved into a new home over the summer and with the Chinese New Year coming up soon I would like something new for the new house door.  is there any online source where I can buy paper decorations for my door? When I lived in China ages ago there would be vendors selling red papercuts of 福  and they were quite big and ornate. I remember there was one with something like a hundred fu cut into it, amazing.  I can't find any here in Texas of course. Hope someone here can help. Thanks.

I've ordered from China Sprout before but my experiences with them have not been good. I do remember a long time ago I had a friend from Taiwan gave me a bag of free paper decorations from a local bank (not papercuts) and the bag had spring couplets and a square red paper with a golden fu character on it. Maybe I should try to go to Austin or Houston over winter vacation and see if they have anything, but nothing beats having a bag of free goodies from a bank in Taiwan! Do banks in Taiwan still do that? This was maybe ten years ago, so I don't know now.