Chinese-Forums

Best way for people to upload audio

roddy

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best way for users to be able to quickly and easily record and add audio to posts? We've got this post on Audacity I wrote up a couple of years back, which I like to think is still useful, and it's obviously worthwhile learning how to use Audacity anyway, as it's a very powerful tool. But it requires downloading the program, then uploading the file, and it's a lot of work when there are maybe quicker and easier ways of doing it. 

So what about services such as:

Soundcloud, which would do the job, but requires registration

Vocaroo looks quick and easy - record via a Flash widget and you immediately get a link to post and don't need to register. New service though, and how long will the files be kept?

Chirbit looks like it would be fine, but requires registration and I haven't done it. 

Any other ideas, suggestions, etc? Or should we just be using Sound Recorder, which is still in Windows 7. 

SoundCloud is probably the best as it allows you to record via smartphone (no addition mic needed) and sync with online account.

You can embed the SoundCloud web widget on this site so people can share their recordings in their posts.

It's also a mature site that probably won't go out of business in the near term.

Requiring a one-time registration isn't too onerous.

• 1 year later...