Chinese-Forums

Private Lessons via Skype

Garrett

Hey everyone,

I recently started to look for an online tutor, and quickly became overwhelmed with the options. I was hoping people could give me their recommendations or experiences with different online private lessons. A lot of the websites provide the same base information and I was hoping to hear about people's personal experiences.

Thanks!  

I'm on italki as a tutor and student, and while they take a whopping 15% cut, there are a lot of Chinese tutors with reasonable fees. You might find better somewhere else, but the site is easy to use and gives you a lot of information about each tutor.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It depends what you want really:

- if you just want some speaking/writing practice you can start by downloading QQ and finding some language partners

- but if you want something more long-term and systematic - also the fact that you'll be paying might motivate you to study more - , you should find some experienced teacher, choose a book and schedule regular classes.