Chinese-Forums

Help for HWPen - please

Guest jscquake

Hello,

I just bought HWPen for my Tungsten T3 (OS 5). I can't get it to the input selection. Any and all help appreciated.

If someone can recommend a better inputting s/w I would welcome that as well.

I have CJKOS(Chinese OS) and Yinghan/Hanying(Dictionary). Just need something to capture Chinese so I can lookup in my dictionary.

THanks,

Justin (jscquake@aol.com)

It didn't work for Justin unfortunately, but here's what I told him anyway, in case it helps anyone else...

"First you have to check that the first box on the first tab of the menus is ticked to switch it on. After that you have to set up a stroke which you will use to switch into character writing mode when you are using other packages.

To do this, go into HWpen and click on the third tab from the left. There should be a bar across the top - I can't read half of the characters but it says 'x x kuai x fang shi' and it lets you set a shortcut to switch the thing on. Click it, then make whatever stroke you want to be your shortcut. (Like, a vertical stroke down from the home key on the palm screen to the menu key, or something).

Then, when you go into a program like the notepad or whatever, you should get a small v in the bottom right of the screen if HWpen is switched on. If it isn't switched on, do the stroke that you did above and the v should come up. Then you should be able to write directly onto the screen, or you can click on the v to bring up a box with some other options."

I had problems setting mine up too when I first got it, but I haven't had any problems with it since I'm glad to say.

Jo