Chinese-Forums

Places to live near CUC

ThiagoBraga

Hi, I will be taking classes at CUC in the next semester. Initially, I wanted to live in the college campus, but I found the dormitory prices too expensive, around 50rmb for a double room a day, that goes to around 1500rmb a month. Since I am going with a friend, I was figuring if I could find a place nearby or even near a train station that was cheaper. Any Ideas?

[Admin additional: CUC is Communication University of China, out east on the Batong extension of Line 1]

• New Members

Hope I can help. I live around CUC, Communication University station on Batong Line now. I live in a studio apartment about 50 square meters around CUC, at the South gate. It cost 2400 RMB per month.  As what I know, it cost at about 1500 RMB for an extra room in a two-bedroom apartment. The rent rate keeps rising. It would be cheaper to live the university's dorm for students.

• 2 months later...

I ended up living in campus itself. Turns out it is even cheaper than 1500rmb. I live in a double room with a friend, with bathroom for 1300rmb a month. There is the option of renting a double room without bathroom for 1200rmb. The surrounding areas don't seem as nice to live as the campus, so I think it was really the best option. The comunal kitchen is very simple, but gets the job done, There is one in each floor (although not on mine, the 9th), and the bedroom gets cleaned daily, although I would recomend people did their own cleaning, since the cleaning ladies use the same piece of cloth for all the bedrooms.