Chinese-Forums

Buying an apartment in Chaoyang

zhouhaochen

I guess chances of finding someone like this are rather slim on here, but I thought I try.

I have talked to banks, agencies, checked the internet etc. everyone of course says they know exactely how it should be done, say they have loads of experience and I do not trust anyone. I am looking for a real person (foreign national) who has purchased an apartment in Chaoyang this year and would be open to let me invite him/her for a huge dinner/beers/or whatever else it takes to sit down for maybe half an hour to tell me about how they did the administrative process in detail (as that is where the problems are in it turns out).

The rules change constantly and are different for each part of Beijing (Haidian is not the same as Chaoyang), but seem at least be the same for all foreigners who have worked in Beijing legally for more than a year (I have for six years by now).

Seriously, if you mystery person are out there, foot massages, beers and my neverending gratefulness are on offer here. Pm, email (andreas@livethelanguage.cn), post here - anything is fine.

Merry Christmas!

I think your chances on this forum are rather slim. But have you asked at the expat forums? City Weekend, the Beijinger... Alternatively, ask around among expats. They would have the money to have bought something, or are in circles to know people with the money to have bought something.

Good luck! I wouldn't recommend buying in China, having seen the quality of construction (among other issues), but I'm sure it can be advantageous in some circumstances.

I think forums regulars have been more likely to quit Beijing than buy houses there in recent years. Still, you might get lucky. Will be interesting to hear about your experiences either way, and good luck...

Now, if you were looking to buy a second-hand fast reactor...