Chinese-Forums

two good websites for you to enjoy Chinese songs.

flowertea

I found two good websites that you may like.There are not only pinyin but also tones above the Chinese characters for the lyrics. Some students told me they couldn’t feel any changes of tones when they listened to the Chinese songs. Yes, it’s really hard, but I still advice foreign students to know the correct tones first. It’s very important to set a solid foundation.You will also see English translations easily here.

The first website is http://www.chinese-tools.com/songs   

The other website is http://english.cri.cn/7106/more/7120/more7120.htm

What to do and how to learn Chinese in such websites? Here are some simple and handy methods.

1. How to choose a song?

Some people pay much attention to melody, and some other people focus lyrics. Therefore if you like listening to music and focusing rhythm, you choose a song with good melody first. And if you like beautiful words in lyrics, you can read the translation first.

2. How to learn the lyrics?

You can see pinyin and tones above the Chinese characters, and then you can pick out the new words to make your own word list in word files in your computer or you write down these words in a notebook. Then you learn sentence by sentence. Remember to study step by step.

3. Ok. Now here we go!

Just try to sing along with the singer after you are familiar with lyrics and melody. And you may know KTV. There are a lot in China. If you are in China, you can also try to sing there when you go there with your friends to have fun.

• Like 2

Great sites, thanks! I love learning Chinese songs :D

The reason foreigners can't pick out tones in songs isn't because they're just hard to hear, it's because in 99.9% of modern pop/rock music they're simply not there. I agree it's still important to learn them anyway, though.