Chinese-Forums

春晚 Chinese New Year Show - build-up and live watching

roddy

The little skit with three guys trying to 'sneak into' the show was quite enjoyable, and a little bit trippy. 

Some of the camera work on the magic tricks was a little shoddy, as it stopped it from being an illusion. I'm not sure what it is like compared to previous years, but it is palatable so far, apart from the singing performances (A Chinese and a Korean man singing love songs to each other?)

Well I had to miss a lot of it due to a hospital visit (nothing serious, just a checkup) What I saw was fun and colourful.

One advantage of not being able to understand the songs is that I just enjoy the tunes and spectacle.

If anyone knows if there will be any repeats I would like to watch some more.

快乐新年大家

I saw this (or at least some of it)! I haven't seen it before and yeah, its pretty cheesy :D I enjoyed it though for some reason

It was cheesy but enjoyable. Really liked the stage effects

Dident understand one word but at my level not disappointed lol

Yes, I think she did twirl around until the end!

I just show that it was on again too, unfortunately its about right where it was when we first saw it earlier.  I'd still like to see the beginning.  Never did see a part with Jackie Chan. 

If anyone sees when its going to be on again please post it!

It looks like Phoenix TV US is showing it now too, but earlier in the show, so I'm not certain if its the same thing or not since I didn't see the beginning. 

At any rate, I just remembered that even though the dvr that comes with KyLin doesn't let us record we can go back and watch something up to 48 hours earlier - so I can go back and watch the beginning tonight!

Well cctv 1 is showing the French singer along with this singer guy who looks familiar....from the Beijing Olympics theme song or something????

The whirly girly is creepy. Can someone please explain to me why she is there whirling through the Chuntacular show as a sideshow? 

Well cctv 1 is showing the French singer along with this singer guy who looks familiar....from the Beijing Olympics theme song or something????

Can't remember the Olympics, but I think Sophie Marceau was singing with whatshisface from the Voice of China. He did that Water Margin song. [quick google search] Liu Huan.

Yes, that was one of the weirder moments of the night. Did anyone else catch the backlit dance that for 5 seconds looked like, well... male anatomy?

http://www.weibo.com/3223562613/AurGp2bSg 刘欢 and Sophie Marceau (warning: cruel language)

http://www.weibo.com/1871599514/AurTm7cKB backlit dance (warning: phallic choreography)