Chinese-Forums

Identifying Compound Words from this Podcast

brennan

This is a 慢速中文 podcast that I printed off and used it to follow along as I listened. I highlighted in red what I figured to be compound words.

I just want to make sure that I am getting the proper meaning of this podcast.

The realization is that this is way above my level and I should have never attempted to do this, but since I came this far, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to check if I got some of it right.

I have yet to do the last paragraph and I am unsure if I will even bother to do so.  :-? 

Appreciate any help, thanks!

在哪一个国家,哪一个城市,你都可以很快地找到中国餐馆。爱吃中国菜的你,对中国的饮食文化了解多少呢?你知道中国不同地区的人们如何获得食物原材料吗?你知道中国人吃的主食在南方和北方有什么不同吗?你想了解这种(烹饪)(方法)可以制作出怎样的美味吗?你想获得中国美食制作的秘诀吗?今天,我向大家介绍一部关于中国饮食文化的纪录片,叫《舌尖上的中国》,上面这些问题答案都在片子中

《舌尖上的中国》一共7集,分别从(多方面)(展现)了中国饮食文化的魅力以及中国人(自古)(以来)对美食的(执着)(探索)(通过)(讲述)(一个个)(真实)故事,从文化的(角 度)(解释)这件事。这种食物和人的紧密关系,让很多远离家乡在外地工作的(观众们)(想起)故乡味道。有句话说得好,最好吃的菜是妈妈做的菜,最好的东西是 乡的东西,最好的回忆童年的回忆。《舌尖上的中国》唤起的不仅是人们关于美食的回忆,还有对家乡和亲人思念

中国美食的非常多,每个城市和地区都会有当地的特色菜,(因此)(许多)中国人把当做一种爱好。现在,这些特别会吃、特别爱吃的人,经常会称自己 。他们喜欢品尝各类美食,并对美食有(一种)(独特)向往追求。他们经常会花几个小时在路上,只是为了去新开的餐馆品尝美食。他们会把当作 一部分。他们也会在每次品尝美食的时候(拍摄)(诱人)照片,发到社交网上和朋友分享。每个人只要热爱美食,都可以自称为

汉语中,有关的表达法非常多。花费积蓄叫吃老本儿,受欢迎叫吃香,受到伤害叫吃亏,女人嫉妒叫吃醋,参加课外辅导班叫吃小灶,靠妻子养活的男 人叫吃软饭。可以看出这件事在中国传统文化中的重要性。你还能想出其他和有关的表达法吗?欢迎在慢速中文网站上与我们交流讨论

Try getting this extension for Chrome or something similar for whichever browser you use:

Zhongwen Chinese Pop-up dictionary 

Turn it on and 'mouse over' the text. It will 'read along' and 'divide up' the text. It will show you which are the single character words (i.e. 你, 在, 与)  and which are the compound words (i.e. 国家, 城市, 餐馆) it is not perfect, but it would answer most of what you have highlighted faster than someone could go through each one. Good luck!

• Like 1

I guess I should clarify that it is only the characters that are highlighted that I am unsure of. Everything else, no problem. Regardless, there are still ton of them to check. :(

Thanks, I will give this a try and report back.

Chinese Paragraph 2:
远离家乡-(在外)-地工作的(观众们)---->远离家乡 在-(外地)- 工作-的(观众们)
We may say 远离家乡在外,离家在外,..but here (外地) is a compound words, cannot leave (地) alone

Chinese Paragraph 2:
有句 - (话说) - 得好,--->(有句) - (得好),
 (话说) is compound words, (Speaking of...) , Not used in the middle of the sentence.

Chinese Paragraph 3:

他们经常会花几个小时在-上,--->  -路-
Yes, (路上) is a compound word. Still I'd like to treat this as the sentence pattern (在....上),
   Says 在路上, 在車上, 在桌上, 在床上...  (On the road, in the car, on the table, on the bed)
 If you change their sequence into (上路),上車,上桌,上床.., they all the compound words while 上 become the verb. (get on)

• Like 1

找到 is a typical resultative verb. Did you already systematically learn this type of verb? I don't know at which level you are and maybe you are following a schedule and will learn it soon, anyway. Then ignore my advice :wink:  But in case you are self-study and don't follow a fixed study plan, read up on this type of verb, it's well worth it! I's frequent and you can even use it (and will hear it) in daily language.

The other are compositions formed by different principles, 路上 is Noun + Preposition, 种类 is Noun + Noun, etc. , and a lot I'm unsure how to define them, so I better leave it to others!