Chinese-Forums

"The Economist" equivalent in all-Chinese?

戴 睿

财经 or 财新 magazines. They also have apps for iPad (and I think Android) which are pretty slick, and allow easy exporting of articles to Pleco/elsewhere, if you like. Non-pay-walled areas of their websites are mostly short stories of same day news, but the magazines have much more content, including both medium and long form articles.

• Like 1

My one concern about FT in Chinese is that it is translated. I admit that may not be a huge problem (or any at all), but I'd rather invest my time in original articles written by and for Chinese. I also enjoy reading FT etc in English for world events, and reading Chinese locals for Chinese news seems more natural to me. Entirely preferential, no solid reason not to use FT Chinese or others with good crowd source translations.

If the OP doesn't mind that, he could also give the Economist or NYTimes a try.

Other good sources for shorter articles (and free, online) are 经济参考报 and 一财, which in my experience are pretty reliable quality-wise.

财新 has an app which can be used on any iOS device. 财经 has an iPad only app - which is far superior, but obviously inaccessible to some. I prefer 财经 simply for the better app, given that both magazines and their news feeds are high quality.

• Like 1