Chinese-Forums

New Chinese learning App: ChineseSkill

wangzhulong

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for guys in this forum. ChineseSkill received many precious feedback and makes improvements step by step.

Recently, ChineseSkill for Android version 1.35 released.

What's new in ChineseSkill 1.35?

1. Support learning Chinese from Korean;

2. Users can talk to teachers or developers through feedback.

3. Bugs fixed and performance improvements.

Hope you love the changes. 

We will release a completely new ChineseSkill next month. 

Can't wait for it!

• 1 month later...
Hi, guys, ChineseSkill for Android released a new version.

What's new?

1. A brand new interface with three sections: Learn, Discover and Me.

2. A new speaking exercise feature: Fluent Now. Users can receive automatic evaluation while practicing Chinese dialogues.

3. A major facelift for illustrations and UI.

4. Bugs fixed.

Don't forget to update to the latest version:

And if you have any suggestions or feedback, please write them here or contact with me: android at chinese-skill.com. Your words are very important for polishing ChineseSkill. Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

Having trouble recognizing the tone of Chinese words? This new tool should provide the extra help you need!

ChineseSkill added a new feature where Android users will be able to draw out the tone for words that are presented to them. Tones are arguably the most difficult aspect of Chinese language, and we believe this will be a big help.  And this feature will be available for iOS users next month.

Get ChineseSkill on Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chineseskill

Get ChineseSkill on App Store: 

https://search.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZContentLink.woa/wa/link?mt=8&path=apps%2fchineseskill%2fid777111034

1888698_1060585107303802_518355413922323

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys, Chinese can be more fun with literal translations.

We are planning to add a section for literal translations on ChineseSkill like this:

11402736_1081400161888963_62356508530150

If you have some funny literal translations,  could you please share them with us?

Let's make Chinese learning fun and easy together.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for you guys suggestion.

I've got several interesting literal words since I posted here. For example,

斑马+线

壁+虎

河+马

猫+头+鹰

马+桶

……

Having a lot of fun collecting literal words. And still happy here to get more hints from you guys.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

I would like if the Android Version is the same than the Apple Version.

Reason why I ask is becuase I have an Android and I only have one Test after the group Time and Tense. However, all the pictures that I am seeing have a test the group Shapes. So I wonder if they are really different one version from the other. If so, are you guys going to add more Tests to the Android Version?

Thank you,

Tritze

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Tritze,

Thanks for your compliment and sorry for the late reply.

ChineseSkill's most features are the same for iOS and Android. Some new features are only available on iOS. But our Android developers will soon make them the same.

We've made a change to both Android and iOS. Now there is only one TESTOUT available on Android and iOS. After passing the Testout, you are able to pick up whatever topic you are interested in. We hope every learners can make the most advantage of ChineseSkill at their own pace.

Hope my answer helps and if you have any question, please let us know. :)

All the best

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys,

Thanks so much. ChineseSkill has got so many brilliant ideas from here.

We has received so many requests asking for flashcard and here comes our new App: Learn Chinese Word

Main Features of Learn Chinese Word:

1. You have full access to 5,000 Chinese words for FREE.
  2. Each Chinese word in the app has audio, pinyin and definition.  
  3. With the SRS designed for Chinese word, you will review words right before you forget them.The app remembers which words you’ve trouble with and will automatically loads new words when you’re ready.
  4. Support both Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
  5. Two models are available: Learn model and Game model.

ChinesSkill is trying to make Chinese learning efficient and fun. And we cherish every feedback from Chinese forum's user. If you have any issue, please let us know. 

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys, happy holidays!

This is Wang Zhulong, the founder of ChineseSkill App, a completely free app for learning Chinese. 

We just released our latest version of ChineseSkill’s Android app and would like to invite you guys to try it out. 

The major updates including:

• We did a special updates on Christmas UI and illustrations.
  • We added “Learning Curve" feature to allow users trace learning progress.
  • The Leaderboard feature will make learning interesting by sharing and competing with your friends on ChineseSkill.
  • We also added Speech Assessment feature which allows you practice speaking and receive instant evaluation with a score.
  • For learners who want to practice Chinese character stroke writing, we added character stroke order writing feature.
To download or update, you may just search "ChineseSkill" on Google Play.Please don't hesitate to send me feedback via in-app feedback section, app store reviews or just email me at wangzhulong[at]chinese-skill.com Thank you so much for taking the time to try it out. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• 3 months later...

Hi, there!

ChineseSkill supports learning Chinese from seven languages for Android devices now: English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese and Thai.

Please help to share it with your friends if they just want to start Chinese from the scratch.

For those who are intermediate or above, please explore the "Discover" section on ChineseSkill, it will give you a big surprise there.

Download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chineseskill

For iOS, the same features will be available soon.

Please feel free to give us your feedback, we are trying to make ChineseSkill even better.

post-13491-0-52589400-1459654151_thumb.png

post-13491-0-87398300-1459654170_thumb.png

post-13491-0-72197700-1459654189_thumb.png

post-13491-0-76951900-1459654205_thumb.png

post-13491-0-89101400-1459654226_thumb.png

post-13491-0-46488800-1459654247_thumb.png

post-13491-0-11577200-1459654263_thumb.png

@Wangzhulong

I would love to explore this app but as someone in China, I can't get any apps through the google play store. I know there are ways to do this but due to my situation it's not an option. Have you considered releasing the API through any other download sites? 

• 3 months later...
  • New Members

Hi, i use Android emulator (KOPlayxx) in WIN7 PC and I download, install the ChineseSkill from Playstore. It sucessfully install and running.

I also download the material offline, 100% complete.

But when I start the lesson, i.e basic1, then it stuck on downloading material.

The reason I am using PC/Emulator is just because I have limitedresources on my smartphone and also limited connectivity to download material everytime to start it. So I try to use Emulator.

Kindly advice if ChineseSkill is able to run on emulator ?

XieXie !

• 1 year later...