Chinese-Forums

High school student looking for places to stay

JMORRO

Hello everyone!

I am a 16 year old student currently residing in Beijing with my family, however due to my parent's work, my family is forced to relocate back to Europe. On the other hand, I will stay to finish off my high school diploma for the duration of 10-11 months and graduate from my school. (Aug 2014-June 2015). I need a place to stay wether its a shared apt with other roommates or homestaying. I appreciate any suggestion I can get on this matter guys and any extra advice in general would be greatly appreciated !! :)

Thanks

Assuming you're currently in high school in Beijing, would it make sense to stay with a friend's or classmate's family? Given that you're only 16, I imagine your parents would feel safer if they know adults are taking care of you.

If you really want a shared apartment, perhaps start at the listings of the expat mags (Beijinger, City Weekend). Plenty of people are looking for roommates.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Given you are 16, really depends on how much budget your parents are willing to spend. On the higher end, check out long-term service apartment. People come to clean your place and do your laundry which your parents may be worried about. Since you are staying for a fairly long time, you can negotiate a better rate. On the lower end, high schools may have on campus living facilities. Ask the school for recommendations.

@Meng Lelan, No I cannot stay with a classmate from my school. I do not have that luxury, my friend however is staying as well (his family is moving back to his country) and we are planning on staying together. We were hoping to rent an apartment near our school, literly there is a compound called legend garden that is 50 meters away. We believe this is a perfect location.

@Sino dragon, hi there I have heard good things about these service apartments however I wouldnt know how or where to look.

Big thanks guys for replying !!

@Sino dragon, hi there I have heard good things about these service apartments however I wouldnt know how or where to look.

Your parents and/or their office and/or their expat friends and/or your friends' parents will know. Or start with the listings in the Beijinger and the City Weekend.

But really, given that you're a high school student, aren't your parents the people who should be organising this? After all, they're paying for it as well, I assume. And they have a lot more resources and knowledge to find a good solution.

Good luck!