Chinese-Forums

Most complicated chinese character seen?

blob

Could somebody tell me how to write the character 龜?

Let me give it a shot. The numbers below correspond to the single strokes.

1. Do the left falling stroke of the top element of the character.

2. Do the top and top right of the highest element.

3. Draw the vertical left side of the left eye.

4. Draw the top of both eyes and the right side of the right eye.

5. Draw the bottom horizontal stroke of the left eye.

6. Draw the bottom horizontal stroke of the right eye.

7. Draw the straight vertical stroke that closes the left side of the right eye and forms the left side of the square representing the shell.

8. Draw the long hooking stroke that closes the right side of the left eye, goes all the way to the bottom of the character, and hooks to the right under the shell.

9. Draw the top and the right side of the top claw.

10. Draw the cornering stroke (first part horizontal and second part vertical) that forms the middle finger of the top claw, pierces through the middle of the entire character, and forms the top and right side of the square representing the shell.

11. Draw the short horizontal stroke that forms the bottom of the top claw.

12. Draw the top and the right side of the bottom claw.

13. Draw the horizontal stroke that forms the middle finger of the bottom claw and closes off the bottom of the square representing the shell.

14. Draw the short horizontal stroke that forms the bottom of the bottom claw.

15. Draw the left falling stroke (丿) in the middle of the square representing the shell.

16. Draw the right falling stroke () that completes the x in the middle of the square representing the shell.

I always thought this was a fun character, but I continue to butcher the stroke order when I try to do it from memory. What I have written above is courtesy of Wenlin.

Another character that always puzzled me was , since none of my books seemed to give a definitive order for the specks of salt in the box. It is amazing how such little pointless details can be so frustrating.:evil:

Another character that always puzzled me was 鹽, since none of my books seemed to give a definitive order for the specks of salt in the box. It is amazing how such little pointless details can be so frustrating.

I think you could just do the stroke counts for 米 but side ways, it looks kinda like it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

You guys have already talked about this I'm sure... But what do you all think is the most complicated Chinese Character out there?

We're talking like most complicated, most strokes...

I think it would be interesting to know.

Maybe a top 5 list or something...