Chinese-Forums

"Legalisation" of criminal records check

Kapow99

• New Members

Hi, I need to get a criminal background check from the UK in order to apply for a Z visa. I know I must contact the Disclosures bureau in Scotland and get it sent to me. However I've heard that it also must be legalized. Who would I need to contact to do this? Nobody seems to know?! Thanks

• New Members

Many thanks Phil :) Though It sounds like a bit of a hassle and slightly complicated as I'm not living in the UK....So I would pay for a Basic disclosure plus the postage to get it sent here. Then send it back to the UK to be legalised.....then get it sent back here...then send it to the Chinese embassy in the UK to be counter-signed...then get it sent back here?!!!!!! Or do you think one agency could forward it to the next? I wonder if the Chinese embassy charge anything to countersign it? So far I'd be looking at 75 pounds for the check and legalisation, with the courier service/ postage back and forth it may total about 100 quid aaargh!