Chinese-Forums

Taking a cat to the UK from China

anonymoose

8 hours ago, Phil_UK_Cat said:

Did anyone here go to Shenpu and then move their cat / dog to the uk?

Yes. I had my cat chipped at Shenpu, and the vaccinations and blood tests. It worked out in the end.

Also, I decided to use an agent to arrange the shipping. It seems most airlines (at least not British Airways, and I don't think Virgin even ship animals to the UK from Shanghai) will not take bookings from individuals - only agents, so I did not have much choice. You might be able to find other airlines, but it seems like a lot of hassle. In the end, my cat got shipped to the UK on KLM via Amsterdam. All in all, the agent charged about 20000 yuan, which included the final blood test, and then shipping to the UK, including the fee at the UK end (which is something like £400 if I remember correctly).

• Like 1

• New Members

Hello

I rang the airport reception centre in Heathrow, London (UK biggest airport) about the microchip and they asked how many digits/characters the microchip number was. As my cats, microchip number is 15 digits and they said it will be able to be read by them :) 

Also, I decided to use an agent to arrange the shipping

Any chance you can share the agent you used?

Cheers