Chinese-Forums

Chengdu University

Shai

Chengdu is a great place and is known for a slow tempo life. However, the more you head west, the less likely you will find people speaking English on street if you hang out. Even at big cities like Chengdu.

In Sichuan people like very spicy food so you have to get used to that. Also they may tends to speak more Sichuanese, which deviate a bit from Mandarin.

So where is best to study? lots of foreign students in Sichuan so I'm guessing it can't be too bad for studying Mandarin if you put effort into it?

Can't think of a place beside Beijing (and maybe Harbin... but it's -40 in winter so...) which doesn't have some type of dialect spoken on the street.

Chengdu University is a new one in here, have moved this topic into the Universities forum and linked it from the index. We actually had a very good write-up just a week ago on Sichuan University, and I've linked that topic from your first post - any new discussion on that university should go in there. Don't forget to thank Kvetch. 

• 4 years later...
  • New Members

Curious to know if anyone has studied a non-degree Chinese language program at Chengdu Uni. 

On the website it says classes are 6 students per teacher, which seems too good to be true. It also says that living on campus is obligatory for the first year. Can anyone verify these?

Here's where I found that info: http://www.admissions.cn/cdu/en4.html