Chinese-Forums

Please help me find this chinese movie

taiwanguy

hey guys, i've been really looking for this movie but i can't find it (probably because im trying to google details of it in english). this movie was in mandarin when i visited taiwan a couple years ago. it was playing on one of those older chinese movie channels. it's about a competition between a bunch of girls to become the emperor's wife. i remember that they had to undergo a virginity test and the competition was very cutthroat. this one girl was disqualified after another girl tripped her and cut open her head on the ground. i also remember that there was this one scene when this evil girl licked her chopsticks and stirred them in the soup and rice and all the food so the other girls had to go hungry. except they didn't because some guys helped them get peaches off the neighboring trees.

when the group was narrowed down to like 3 girls competing to be the emperor's wife, one of the more cutthroat girls sent a poisoned plant or something to one of the others causing her to break out in hives and be disqualified. the cutthroat girl then seduced the emperor became his wife and then slept with him. the other girl became a maid. then the emperor died and following tradition the newly made wife had to eat poison and follow him to the afterlife. which she didn't want to do so she and the maid escaped swam to safety and that's when the movie ended (I think).

oh and did i mention this all took place on like an island or something, hence the swimming. I wouldn't be surprised if this movie was made in the 90's or something- it had that feel to it. Please help me figure it out- I know all these details and really want to watch it again- thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

If some one sees this thread then i also want to search for a movie in which a one on one was going on between two very good martial artists when the hero was just defeating he started using bench's screws as weapon in his punch and then finished off the other with that and after that he got the girl who was looking from the window. just tell me the name of the movie :) anyone here.