Chinese-Forums

Small town to work in?

Davidfromsweden

"Us people" will probably need more information to give you a recommendation haha.

What sort of work?

Do you plan to use 100% Chinese?

Why preferably in southern china? Is there some specific traits you are looking for?

If you can be a bit more specific about what exactly it is you want, I'm sure there are plenty who'd love to help!

Ofcourse! I'm so used to that everyone is working as a teacher, sorry!

Work = Teaching English

I don't plan to use 100% Chinese cause my Chinese ain't nearly that good. The reason for southern part of China is mainly because of the warmer climate. I'm from Sweden so i get enough of cold weather here. Other than that i'm not so picky :)

So you can't ask for suggestions even though you're not picky? Isn't that the thing with forums? To get suggestions and help? If you don't have anything useful to write why write at all Roddy?

Xiamen - relatively clean and orderly, by the sea. Can see Taiwan on a clear day.

Guilin - reputed to be one of the most scenic places in China. The city is pleasant, but you really need to get out of the city to enjoy the scenery.

Liuzhou - the city still retains some pre-modern charm, but has some miserable cynical expats.

Haikou - not very interesting when I was there about 12 years ago, but maybe it has changed now. Relatively warm weather.

Kunming - the city of eternal spring - except when it's baking in the summer and snowing in the winter. Can pick mushrooms in the local forest.

Chongqing - a huge and interesting city. Quite hilly. A bit scrappy in places, but has character.

• Like 1