Chinese-Forums

Cantonese Transcription Please

Kobo-Daishi

I know it can be a chore. I remember as a kid transcribing the lyrics to songs with my little cassette recorder. Having to rewind every few seconds. Then the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper came with the lyrics all printed out. And also the White album with this huge poster. Then they stopped. So back to the little recorder. 

Actually if you have a Mac OS X you can now write text in Chinese, highlight it and then just tell your computer to speak the text using a Cantonese or Mandarin voice. See my profile for more link to setup guide and free tools (maybe I should make a Youtube video of the setup process).

Here is my latest 7 minute video.

I've titled it Watercress and the Making of Chinese (Bamboo) Steamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyAcfyGd0hc

Unfortunately, it might be my last.

YouTube, a Google owned company, the largest company in the world (just surpassed Apple) has flagged the video for copyright infringement and has threatened me with banishment. Had me down for last few days.

I remember when I first heard that Glossika was banned from YouTube, way before the thread topic by-the-way, (was an occasional visitor to his YouTube channel), thinking 'no way'. Google and YouTube are the biggest pirates going.

They do what Megaupload does and on a much grander scale.

Do you think all those movies and TV shows on YouTube have had permission granted before they were uploaded? All those fan produced videos didn't get permission to include the backing music. They've got whole Beatles albums on there. You know, the Beatles never allowed for that. What with how Apple iTunes had to go through hoops before the Fabs finally allowed their material for download, and for a price.

Google with their Google Books scanning all the world's books and posting them online, ostensibly to make them easier to search through. Rubbish. Pure piracy. Sign up for Google to view more pages. If you don't give notice that you still legally own it they automatically assume 'fair game'. Only after all the world's publishers filed lawsuits did they sort of back down.

Sorry for tirade. Will probably be deleted anyway.

Kobo.

Here is my latest 7 minute video.

I've titled it Watercress and the Making of Chinese (Bamboo) Steamer.

Unfortunately, it might be my last.

YouTube, a Google owned company, the largest company in the world (just surpassed Apple) has flagged the video for copyright infringement and has threatened me with banishment.

To view the video you might have to be on a desktop.

I've been told that you can't view it on smart phones, and I tried viewing it on my phablet, and, also, aren't able to.

Though I still am able to on my desktop running Ubuntu Linux.

Kobo.

Here is the video that I posted before that got banned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wbfH95_E3g

It's about 4 and a half minutes and it's about watercress and dim sum.

Hope you enjoy it.

Notice how they correct Amanda's Cantonese.   :)

I think she's a model and she's Eurasian. I think.    :)

Kobo.

Here is my latest video.

It's a 12 and a half minute video titled "I. M. Pei is a Hua Yi in Cantonese".

Just watching this one clip, you can seen how good an actress Ariel Lin is.

It's no wonder she won her second Best Actress Golden Bell award for this role.

Kobo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Skylee

Thanks so much for transcribing what you have so far so faithfully to the actual dialogue! It is an incredibly useful study resource. It is really difficult to find transcripts for authentic cantonese material online, so this is really refreshing. Its also normally hard to understand the cantonese equivalents of certain words or Chengyu just based on the mandarin subtitles.

Just the few that you have done already are an excellent study resource and cover a variety of topics. Great job!