Learn Chinese in China
Radial

ZDT: Cannot move catagories and create sub catagories

10 posts in this topic

I have been trying zdt 1.0.1 on a windows 8.1 machine and I find that I cannot move categories into sub categories when there are Chinese characters in the titles. I seem to be able to move and organize categories easily when they are titled in English. I was able to do this in my zdt 0.9.0 installation on windows 7 machine.  Do not know whether this is a windows setting issues or something related to zdt.

Thanks,

mark

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Tried using zdt 0.9.0 in Windows 8 and got the same problem, so I guess it must be a Windows 8 or settings problem.  Cannot figure what is different...

Thanks for the report. Do you have the same problem using Win7 and ZDT 1.0.1?

Okay... I set up zdt 1.0.1 on my old windows 7 machine and then restored my back up.  The back up loaded very well with all the categories and sub categories in the right place (in my windows 8 machine, all the sub categories were placed as categories) However, when I went to move the categories, the categories labeled in Chinese could not be moved or placed into sub directories. 

Kaya... any thoughts about what may be causing this issue?

Not yet. I have to look into this. I'll keep you up to date.

Confirmed, categories containing chinese characters can not be dragged and dropped. However, they can be moved up and down. I'll see how I can fix it.

Bug found and fixed!

I'll see when I've the time to release the fixed version. I'll keep you up to date.

The bugfix is committed to sourceforge, so you can build ZDT yourself if you can't wait.

ZDT 1.0.2 contains a fix for this bug. It has been released some minutes ago,