Chinese-Forums

Mandarin radio stations

hedwards

43 minutes ago, mungouk said:

and select the "Automatically follow..." options, then all will be well. 

thanks pal

I ran a vbull site for 10 years, but always had auto subscribe switched on. I should really know this... I just assume! haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to the question about radio stations: I've downloaded a "Taiwan Radio" app on my Android. There's also "China radio." It shows a bunch of different radio stations that you can scroll through to listen to live. I'm not sure if this type of thing exists for iPhone or not.

• Like 2

Good call... the Apple app store has a few apps called things similar to Taiwan Radio and China Radio / Radio China. Presumably tapping into online streams that are already available.

@Dahuzi there are many many stations... do you recommend any in particular for passive listening?

• Like 1

My listening comprehension is way below my reading, so I usually get too frustrated to continue listening to any of the stations after a few minutes. It's fun to just flip around and hear what's on, though. I would like to understand the news, so the one I've listened to the most is GlobalNews寰宇新聞1台。

I've been trying to listen to the podcast 故事FM, which I've found easier that most of the radio programs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahuzi said:

My listening comprehension is way below my reading, so I usually get too frustrated to continue listening to any of the stations after a few minutes.

While looking at these apps and on the computer, I liked the ChinaPlus, but can't find it on android apps. On browser got chinaplus.cri.cn

So I used the internet browser on my phone, and created an 'app' link on my phones homepage, and if you scroll down to Podcast there are lots of different levels of listening in that. I like the TakeAway Chinese programme, but then I'm far far behind you in level! I think they are really interesting. Might be no good for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

All of the radio options I've tried didnt seem very good (either not work / music stations / or too fast and no use

• Helpful 1

Been listening to these 3 radio stations for years. All are still good and going strong with a broad range of topics from current issues to education to new SE Asia migrants adapting to life in Taiwan.

RTI Taiwan

https://www.rti.org.tw/ 

National Education Radio (Taiwan)

http://203.64.188.47/english/

Radio France Internationale (RFI) Chinese

https://www.rfi.fr/tw/

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

5 hours ago, Hopkins said:

Slightly off topic, but for geographic browsing of radio stations I like to use the Radio Garden site.

I've not tried on my phone, but on the computer this is amazing, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes 93.3 FM. I play it through my Amazon echo.

"Alexa, play Yes 93.3 on Tune-in"

This is the only Chinese radio station I know.

Update:

Well this sucks, the UK have stopped Tunein from streaming International radio stations in here so I can't play Yes FM on my alexa anymore! 

• Like 1