Chinese-Forums

Teaching English

Coys1991

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard of them,but one thing to keep in mind is that you'll want to Google the specific location they want you to teach in if possible. From a quick search they appear to be quickly growing with locations all over the country. Conditions at schools can and do vary depending upon the location even when they're owned and operated by the same company.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good point by hedwards...

Even when they are operated by the same company the experience at each location can differ greatly. This is especially the case when the school franchises out their brand/concept. DD Dragon offers a franchise package but there is no way of knowing how many of their schools are franchised.

This may help explain rapid expansion though. Any existing school can buy into it or anyone wanting to set up a new school. I worked for a school that had many, many franchise schools. They had some trouble with inconsistency at the schools and bad management. However, at my school, I had a great time!

It would have been good to contact a teacher at the school you are going to (not the manager) or someone who had just finished working there. If the school denies you such a request, thats saying something in itself.

There is an interview here with someone who set up a franchise in Shanghai: http://settlingmagazine.net/2012/qa-tristan-day-dd-dragon-english/