Chinese-Forums

Simple practical question about HSK 1 exam

fabiothebest

I will take HSK 1 exam (even level 2 if I'll be ready) on June 2014. It's the first time I take the exam, I prepared by myself studying the wordlist, studying grammar (I also learnt other things beyond the scope of the exam) and I recently bought a simulation book by Beijing Language and Culture University Press.

I just found the following paragraph in the book: 

It is noteworthy that after the listening part of New HSK, five minutes are provided for test takers to fill in the answer sheet, while there is no such time after the reading part or the writing part. Mark V, X or the corresponding A, B, C, or D using a pencil on the answer sheet provided.

Before I just did 1 simulation online and I marked the right answer directly. Instead if I don't use the computer for the exam should I fill an answer sheet? I read that they give me 5 minutes after the listening part but no time after reading and writing part (well, there's no writing in level 1).

So should I mark the answer in the place of the question and then copy it in the answer sheet or is it better to write in the answer sheet directly (for a matter of time). Am I given a kind of booklet for the exam or separate sheets?

The paragraph also says: 

using a pencil

so should I use (and bring?) a pencil rather than a pen? Is it allowed to erase the answer and answer again if I notice a mistake I made (if I use a pencil)?

I know they are really simple things that I shouldn't worry about either, though it's the first time :) so if anyone who already took the exam can answer I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I took the computer version recently and you fill in the answers directly. After the listening part you get 5 minutes to scroll through all your answers to check if you filled in everything and change anything if necessary. I don't remember getting 5 minutes for reading/writing since I finished quite early on those.

For the paper version, yes, you get a booklet with the questions and an answer sheet and you have to fill in the answer sheet by pencil. So yes, bring a pencil. I believe you can erase your answer if you like. We also got the 5 minutes that time, so I marked my answers on the question booklet first, and then transfered all my answers to the answering sheet.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Thanks for your answer, you confirmed what I thought :) I don't know yet if the computer version is available at my test center, anyway I was considering to take the paper version. I'll ask the test center.