Chinese-Forums

[no more] Free Chinese Books [for now]

elina

Ok, let’s start the first round. We plan it will take 2 to 3 weeks, from claiming, to decide who gets what, to finish shipping. The following free 23 books (up to 3 free copies for each book) will be given out in this round:

Encounters-Student Book 1

环球汉语-学生用书1

Common Chinese Patterns 330

汉语常用格式330

Learn Chinese Through 100 Sentence Frames + MP3

100句式汉语通(汉英对照)(MP3光盘1)

Glimpses of Contemporary China-- Delights of Chinese Cuisine

当代中国微记录:中国人的口福

Sing Chinese with Me + MP4

跟我唱汉语(汉英对照)(MP4光盘)

Wall Chart for Teaching Chinese as a Second Language: Pinyin

国际汉语教学通用工具包-拼音挂图

A Compendium of the Usage of Complex Chinese Words

汉语疑难词解析与活用

Chinese 101 in CartoonsFor Emergencies

漫画汉语101句(应急篇)

My First Chinese Storybooks—The Wrong Shoes

我的第一本中文故事书穿错了鞋

New HSK Mock Tests and AnalysesLevel 3 + MP3

HSK(三级)模拟试卷及解析(附光盘)

A New Chinese Writing CourseEnglish version

新汉语写作教程 (英语注释)

Tales from China’s Classic Essential Readings---Tales from Hundreds SurnamesChinese-Spanish edition)

中国蒙学经典故事丛书---百家姓(西语注释)

Chinese for Primary School Students 1 + CD-ROM+ Two Exercise Books+ Cards

小学汉语(课本1)(汉英对照)(CD-ROM光盘1,练习册2,卡片1)

Voyages in Chinese— For Middle School Students Student’s Book Vol 1

中学汉语-学生用书 1

Feiyue Basic Chinese-Student’s book I

飞跃——汉语初级教程-学生用书1

Business Chinese Series—Reading and communicating I

商贸汉语系列教材——商务汉语阅读与表达 1

Easy Recipes Easy Chinese

我爱中国菜

An Elementary Course in Scientific Chinese1+MP3

基础科技汉语教程——听说课本(上)(附光盘1)

Step by Step Chinese: Elementary Chinese Character (I) (Chinese-English)

阶梯汉语初级汉字(汉英)

Graded Chinese Reader 2: Selected, Abridged Chinese Contemporary Short Stories+MP3

汉语分级阅读 2(附MP3

Newabc Chinese: Succeed in Learning Chinese in 30 days English version + MP3

语感中文:外国人学中文速成30天(英语版)(附光盘)

Wise Men talking Series-CONFUCIUS Says

老人家说系列丛书孔子说

Gems of the Chinese Language Through the Ages-The Stories Behind 100 Chinese Idioms (Chinese-English)

博古通今学汉语丛书典故100(汉英对照)

• Like 1

After completing the first round, the following books (up to 3 free copies for each book) will be given out at the second and third round. I just list them here for people to check and decide which books they will choose, but we don’t discuss them now. To make things clearly, please at first just list what books you want at the first round in my second post. And follow this thread to see when the second and third rounds begin.

The Big Book of Spoken Chinese

汉语口语大全

Chinese Express—Practise Chinese + MP3

汉语快行线——练汉语(MP3)

Learning Chinese Measure Words (Chinese-English)

看图学量词(汉英对照)

Sparkling Chinese Idioms and Sayings + MP3

妙语连珠说汉语(MP3光盘1)

Stories behind Chinese Poems (Chinese version)

诗词趣话(中文)

Chinese Phrase Book Chinese-English-French+ MP3

汉语会话100句(英语、法语注释)(MP3光盘1)

Pieces of China — A Reading Textbook + MP3

汉语阅读课本中国那些事儿(MP3光盘1)

New Chinese for Children 1 + MP3

新儿童汉语1(MP3光盘1)

How to Teach Chinese as a Second Language

怎样教外国人学汉语

Everyday Chinese Chinese-English edition+ MP3

日常生活用语(附光盘)

A Key to Chinese Speech and Writing (1) (Chinese-English) + MP3

汉语语言文字启蒙(一)(汉英)+MP3

Expert of Chinese in 30 Days Elementary(withMP3)

30天汉语通初级(附MP3)

Teaching Plan for the Classes of Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language

对外汉语教师资格考试参考用书-对外汉语教学课堂教案设计

Abridged Chinese Classic Series: Autumn+MP3

中国名著简读系列:秋+MP3

A Concise Chinese Grammar (Chinese-English)

简明汉语语法(汉英对照)

New Path Getting over Chinese Grammar

汉语语法新通路  (修订版)

Introductory Chinese —Listening and Speaking(volume1) + MP3

普通汉语教程——听说课本(上册)(MP3光盘1)

Business Chinese Series--A Practical Chinese Writing Course

商贸汉语系列教材-汉语应用文写作教程

Business Chinese Series—Speak Business Chinese Fluently + MP3

商贸汉语系列教材——商务口语流利说(MP3光盘)

Chinese 101 in Cartoons (For Shopping) + MP3

漫画汉语 101 句(购物篇)(MP3光盘)

Chinese 101 in Cartoons: For Travelers+MP3

漫画汉语101句:旅游篇+MP3

My First Chinese Storybooks—A Big Spider English version+  MP3

我的第一本中文故事书大蜘蛛 (英语注释) (MP3光盘)

My First Chinese Storybooks—Xiao Long’s Birthday PresentEnglish version+ MP3

我的第一本中文故事书小龙的生日礼物(英语注释)(MP3光盘)

New HSK Mock Tests and AnalysesLevel 4 + MP3

HSK(四级)模拟试卷及解析(附光盘)

Official Examination Papers of HSK(Level 4)(with MP3)

新汉语水平考试(HSK)真题集HSK 四级(MP3光盘)

One Hour Per Day to a Powerful HSK Vocabulary (Vol I)

HSK核心词汇天天学(上)

Practising HSK Grammar

HSK语法精讲精练

Talk Chinese Series: Emergency Talk (with Mp3)

脱口说汉语:应急口语(附Mp3

Talk Chinese Series: Leisure Talk (with Mp3)

脱口说汉语:休闲口语(附Mp3

Talk Chinese Series: Office Talk (with Mp3)

脱口说汉语:职场口语(附Mp3

Talk Chinese Series: Shopping Talk (with CD)

脱口说汉语:购物口语(附CD

Common Knowledge about Chinese Culture-Spanish edition

中国文化常识 汉西

Chinese 300Chinese-Spanish+ MP3

汉语三百句 汉西(附光盘1)

My First Chinese StorybooksThat Is Wrong, That Is Wrong Spanish version)+MP3

我的第一本中文故事书系列—不对不对 (西语注释) +MP3

Common Knowledge about Chinese Geography-Spanish edition

中国地理常识 汉西

Step by Step Chinese — Chinese Speaking Elementary I (with MP3)

阶梯汉语——初级口语(上)(MP3)

Beginner’s Chinese + MP3

汉语初阶(MP3光盘1)

Graded Chinese Reader 3: Selected, Abridged Chinese Contemporary Short Stories+MP3

汉语分级阅读3(MP3)

Feiyue Intermediate Chinese-Student’s book I + MP3

飞跃——汉语中级教程-学生用书1(附MP3光盘1张)

Contemporary Chinese for Beginners (textbook) English edition

《当代中文》入门级 课本 (英语版)

Contemporary Chinese -- Textbook 1 Revised

《当代中文》(修订版)-课本1

An Elementary Course in Scientific Chinese1

基础科技汉语教程——阅读课本(上)

Introductory Chinese—Reading Comprehension

普通汉语教程——阅读课本

Glimpses of Contemporary China--Getting Around in China

当代中国微记录:行在中国

• Like 3

I'm in the UK, and would be happy to review:

A Compendium of the Usage of Complex Chinese Words

汉语疑难词解析与活用

汉语常用格式330

商贸汉语系列教材——商务汉语阅读与表达 1

I'm somewhere between HSK4 and 5, self-studying and teaching.

I'm in Italy and I would like to review the following books:

New HSK Mock Tests and AnalysesLevel 3 + MP3

HSK(三级)模拟试卷及解析(附光盘)

I'll take HSK 2 exam on June and I'm already planning of preparing for HSK 3.

In the past I used HSK exam preparation books by another publishing house and I'd like to compare the book published by Sinolingua with books published by others and analyze the key features, pros and cons, the actual effectiveness of the study material. I'll test it directly myself because I'm going to take HSK 3 exam as soon as I'm ready and I would like to have the chance to use the book published by Sinolingua and eventually buy other books for my further studies if satisfied. (I think I will :) , Sinolingua is very good as far as I know).

常用格式330

I'm studying Chinese by myself at the moment, so I think the quality of the study material I use is essential. I believe that basic Chinese grammar is easier than other languages like English or my native language (Italian), but I'm also aware that there are many sentence structures that have to be mastered in order to speak Chinese properly. A good teacher/tutor and immersion in the Chinese environment are very useful, but I believe also this book can be very useful. I have the chance of going to China sometimes but I couldn't stay there for a long time yet, so I'm doing most of my study in my own country, self studying at the moment. I would like to review the book and show how it can be useful for people who simply want to integrate their study material provided by a Chinese school or study by themselves. I'm very good at self studying and I would like to highlight the real effectiveness and eventual limits of studying using this book, showing the real progess I made after studying it.

我爱中国菜

I love Chinese food.  I think this book can be great for learning new vocabulary in context. It isn't an ordinary Chinese book with example sentence or dialogues, it is a recipe book, like those who could be used by Chinese native speakers. I think it can be very useful for learning new words and cultural aspects, last but not least, to learn how to cook Chinese dishes. :) I would like to have the chance to read and review this book.

• Like 1

Hi Sinolingua,

I am from Canada and am interested in the following:

Wall Chart for Teaching Chinese as a Second Language: Pinyin

国际汉语教学通用工具包-拼音挂图

Graded Chinese Reader 2: Selected, Abridged Chinese Contemporary Short Stories+MP3

汉语分级阅读 2(附MP3

An Elementary Course in Scientific Chinese(1)+MP3

基础科技汉语教程——听说课本(上)(附光盘1张)

谢谢!

Thanks to Sinolingua for coming up with sucha an impressive number of books, and to Elina for doing so much of the organisation. Looking forward to seeing lots of new book reviews. 

I am in the United States.

I would like to review:

1)

基础科技汉语教程——听说课本(上)(附光盘1)

I am interested in this book because I want to expand my ability to speak in the jargon of science and engineering.  Many of these terms and grammar patterns don't come up in everyday conversation; as a result, I cannot speak as fluidly and fluently in these topics as I would want.

2) 

老人家说系列丛书孔子说

3) Gems of the Chinese Language Through the Ages-The Stories Behind 100 Chinese Idioms (Chinese-English)

博古通今学汉语丛书典故100(汉英对照)

I am interested in these two books because my strength in Chinese is contemporary language and conversational language.  I feel I need to study and learn more classical language and cultural references.  These two books will help.

In all three cases, I will be able to give feedback on the basis of utility to an intermediate/advanced foreign learner of Chinese.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm in the US and am a self-learner (well, with my wife's help). I will be taking the HSK 4 in November. I would be interested in reviewing:

Graded Chinese Reader 2: I've read GCR 3, and am currently reading GCR 1. I've found them both very helpful for sentence structure and for learning characters. In fact, the majority of my "character study" has come from reading these books.

Common Chinese Patterns 330: I realize this one might already be taken, but if not, this would be my first choice. I love Chinese grammar, and would like to use this to supplement a more traditional grammar textbook.

Thanks for doing this!

Hello. I am in the United States. I would like to review the following:

1) An Elementary Course in Scientific Chinese1+MP3

基础科技汉语教程——听说课本(上)(附光盘1)

I am completing my PhD in immunology this summer, and would be interested in learning to converse about scientific topics in Chinese. I am a heritage learner, and sometimes it is hard to talk about what I do in lab with my family. I am also in the middle of an MD program, so medical jargon would also be interesting to me to learn. 

2) Gems of the Chinese Language Through the Ages-The Stories Behind 100 Chinese Idioms (Chinese-English)

博古通今学汉语丛书典故100(汉英对照)

3) Graded Chinese Reader 2: Selected, Abridged Chinese Contemporary Short Stories+MP3

汉语分级阅读 2(附MP3

I would like the two books above because my speaking skills are much more advanced than my reading skills, and graded readers and reading material in general is always welcome. 

Thank you 

I'm in the US and would be be glad to review the following books from an intermediate/advanced perspective:

商贸汉语系列教材——商务汉语阅读与表达 1

I work in the financial industry and am trying to get more comfortable talking and reading in Chinese about business/finance. 

老人家说系列丛书孔子说

I've taken a few courses in classical Chinese and am always pleasantly surprised (maybe this is why I need to study more) when this knowledge becomes useful in a completely different context. 

基础科技汉语教程——听说课本(上)(附光盘1)

I've attempted a number of physics/math courses offered in Chinese through Coursera.org and always found them incredibly challenging. I'm interested to see how this book could help.

Hi there! Thanks for doing this...

I am in Beijing, China and would be happy to reivew...

http://www.studychineseculture.com/book.asp?id=5389

Gems of the Chinese Language

http://www.studychineseculture.com/book.asp?id=1528

I am working towards HSK5 and think idioms and sayings generally is an area I don't know much about.

http://www.studychineseculture.com/book.asp?id=5390

I love cooking Chinese food but find it difficult to find good recipes. I'd like this book so I can try out new dishes.

:)

First of all, wow, what a great way to promote Chinese learning around the world :) Kudos to everyone involved in this!

I'm an elementary Chinese learner from Poland and I would love a chance to use and review the following books:

Step by Step Chinese — Chinese Speaking Elementary I (with MP3)

阶梯汉语——初级口语(上)(MP3)

汉语常用格式330

汉语分级阅读 2(附MP3

I'm not sure I should be asking for this book, because this is not yet my level (even GCR 3 tends to be very challenging for me and I haven't gone through all of it), but I'm loving GCR 3 and I love this way of learning, so it would be nice to have GCR 2 for future reference. 

Hi! I'm from the USA, and was interested in the following books:

1)Business Chinese Series—Reading and communicating I

商贸汉语系列教材——商务汉语阅读与表达 1

I've had some exposure to some business-y language but would really like to expand my abilities in that area! I read in the book's description that it is geared towards HSK 4 ability and up which is very appealing, as I wouldn't want the content to be aimed at too low of a Chinese level, as some Business Chinese textbooks do.

2)A Compendium of the Usage of Complex Chinese Words

汉语疑难词解析与活用
Despite knowing a fair amount of vocabulary by this point I feel I don't really know the nuances of a lot of words. I think this book would definitely help with that and help me sound more fluent in my current language ability

3)Glimpses of Contemporary China-- Delights of Chinese Cuisine

当代中国微记录:中国人的口福

I listed this one because I am lacking reading practice and this would definitely provide that, plus its about food which means it will keep my interest! The description says it is aimed towards HSK 5 and above learners so it should be a perfect fit for me.

Thank you guys for doing this! I've never posted reviews before on here but I'd definitely be willing to do so in exchange for any free materials!

I'm an HSK2-ish level learner from Seattle, USA and would love to get a copy of:

Learn Chinese Through 100 Sentence Frames + MP3

100句式汉语通(汉英对照)(MP3光盘1)

I can get around in Chinese OK, but have a fairly limited set of sentence patterns that I use. I'd love the opportunity to have more presented and explained.

汉语分级阅读 2(附MP3)

I'm already reading the Chinese Breeze books and can get through them fairly well, so I'd like something a bit more challenging to read. I love reading in foreign languages, an really appreciate graded readers.

Thanks!

I'm an intermediate / upper-intermediate self-learner in the Netherlands. I've worked through about two dozen of the books listed, so I'm quite familiar with Sinolingua's publications. I'd be happy to review the following books:

New Path Getting over Chinese Grammar

汉语语法新通路  (修订版)

I'm very curious about this book. I've already worked through Sinolingua's "HSK语法精讲精练" with the help of a teacher, and it seems that "汉语语法新通路" could be an interesting addition to the material covered in the other book. I can compare the approach of 汉语语法新通路 with that followed by HSK语法精讲精练 and in this way provide useful feedback to Sinolingua. As a self-learner I've spent a lot of attention to learning vocabulary, reading and pronunciation, but I need to do extra work on my grammar. 

我爱中国菜

I'm very interested in Chinese cooking. I own several cooking books that are fully in Chinese, but struggle to actually use them. So I'm curious whether 我爱中国菜 could help me as a stepping stone towards being able to independently use other Chinese cooking books. I'd be happy to give this a try and report back my experiences. 

Glimpses of Contemporary China--Getting Around in China

当代中国微记录:行在中国

I haven't read this reader yet, and the topic appeals to me (I really like traveling in China). I can help Sinolingua by comparing the content and language level of this reader with their other readers, many of which I've read before. 

Hi,

I'm in Shanghai, and would like to review:

A New Chinese Writing CourseEnglish version

新汉语写作教程 (英语注释)

A Key to Chinese Speech and Writing (1) (Chinese-English) + MP3

汉语语言文字启蒙(一)(汉英)+MP3

Business Chinese Series--A Practical Chinese Writing Course

商贸汉语系列教材-汉语应用文写作教程

Thanks!

Hi

I'm in the U.S. and I'm interested in reviewing:

Newabc Chinese: succeed in learning Chinese in 30 days

Common Chinese patterns 300

Business Chinese series: reading and communicating.

I think this would be a great opportunity to show new materials to my Chinese study group.

Thanks!