Chinese-Forums

[no more] Free Chinese Books [for now]

elina

Not everyone is getting books. The 2nd and 3rd round will be run separately - there'll be a new topic for that, keep your eyes open...

Smcullen, thanks, and if you do check out any of the books we'd love to hear what you think. 

Quite a number of new members were interested in this, more than expected. Sorry to those of you who were disappointed. We'd love to see you keep posting though, so please do have a look around, and maybe introduce yourself a little by telling us why you're learning Chinese and what your current targets are. 

• Like 1

Posting this on behalf of Elina:

Except for John Zhouran, Brandon263, mouse (replying me with incomplete address till now and I sent PM to him again) who have not answered my Private Message, we have mailed packages for all the other people from Friday to Sunday in Beijing time.

According to my No. 1 post on the forum, we sent ordinary mail for those in China, and using SAL shipping method for overseas (or sea mail for the areas without SAL). Details are as follows, in accordance with the order of name, package number, shipping method:

li3wei1, RA622277945CN, SAL

fabiothebest, RA622277928CN, SAL

Lechuan, RA622276803CN, SAL

Nathan Mao, RA622277914CN, SAL

Kikosun, RA622276851CN, SAL

scoff, RA622276834CN, SAL

ChTTay, PA39776794411, ordinary mail

Ania, RA622276794CN, SAL

Obscuritea, RA622276905CN, SAL

El Macho, RA622276825CN, SAL

Pendragon, RA622276777CN, SAL

Taijiphoenix, RA622276848CN, SAL

mvdberg112, PA39776788711, ordinary mail

snailssnooze123, PA39776792711, ordinary mail

Hofmann, RA622276817CN, SAL

Earthtojess, RA622276763CN, SAL

Wang7, RA622277959CN, SAL

Radial, PA39776790011, ordinary mail

Pokey, RA622276715CN, sea mail

Michaelyus, RA622277931CN, SAL

Summer Orchard, RA622277865CN, sea mail

Silent, RA622276896CN, SAL

xiaokaka, RA622276785CN, SAL

• Like 2

Where/how should we post our reviews once we received our materials?

Start a new thread in the appropriate forum, or if the book already has a review (because someone else got their review up first), add it to that thread.  If you're the person starting the thread, it's probably a good idea to post back to this thread for context.

Roddy may have his own ideas about this though, so wait for him to chime in.  Whatever happens, we'll happily move anything that doesn't end up in the right place.

Thanks to Imron for making the above No. 63 post while I was in a hurry to go to the hospital to take care of my father and couldn’t access the forum at that time.

I have got mouse’s full address now, and we will mail his book this afternoon.

ChTTay, please read Imron's No. 64 post :)

I'm looking forward to reading all the reviews.

Me too! :D

Got my books today! Thanks so much. I plan on trying out the recipes from the cooking book over the next week then will post a review. For the 330 common patterns, that might be a bit after the first review.

I live in Beijing, about an hour from where the books were posted from! :-)

• Like 2

Hello!

I'm glad to hear about this opportunity. Moreover, I'd like to let you know that I've made few but strong contributions in this forum. One of them being a video of me using Chinese after one month, the other one where I re-submitted 2 of Glossika's demo mp3 that he released before his account was removed.

I am amazed that there are also publications in Spanish, my mother language! (video-proof).

Common Knowledge about Chinese Culture-Spanish edition
Chinese 300(Chinese-Spanish)+ MP3
Learn Chinese Through 100 Sentence Frames + MP3

I'd like to review these books in English and Spanish =-D
By the way, if I find mistranslated text, we'll have to think of a way so I can report it to the publisher. 

I would like to review these books. Here are some videos of me teaching Spanish to English speakers.

Common greetings and informal greetings

Me gusta in Spanish

Me talking Chinese after 1-month

Me talking Portuguese after a little bit more that 3 months

Me talking Esperanto

If somebody is wondering how I sound when I only talk Spanish. This is me reading a horror story I translated, it is originally known as the fourth day.wmv and can be read in English simply by googling it. Many Spanish speaker believe my version is the most accurate translation, plus they like my crisp and clear accent =-D

@ChTTay, oh, haha. I was reading the instructions to find out how to participate. 

Hey, I will soon make a youku account to post my Chinese progress videos. That way I can get feedback from Zhongguo ren gen Taiwan ren =-D

Recently we have sent packages for mouse (PA39776786011, ordinary mail) and John Zhouran (RA622277891CN, SAL shipping method), now only Brandon263’s book is not mailed, I’m still waiting for his reply.

The storehouse of Sinolingua publisher is moving, so the next round will start in 2-3 weeks, after the definite date is determined, we will post on here.

I plan on trying out the recipes from the cooking book over the next week then will post a review.

ChTTay, Look forward to reading your review on the books, it would be even better to invite some of us in Beijing to taste and review your dish, :mrgreen: or maybe at least show us the picture of your dish on the forum. :)

Those of you asking where to post your review: 

1) Do a quick search to see if there's an exisiting topic. If there is, post there. 

2) If not, start a new topic in the most appropriate forum (if you're not sure which that is, just take a guess, we can always move it)

3) When you review your books, it'd be very helpful if you mention a) that you got this book as a part of this giveaway and link to the topic, and b) post here to add a link to your review. 

Many thanks to Elina and Sinolingua, I'm also looking forward to the reviews, and Round 2!

• 2 weeks later...

The moving of Sinolingua’s storehouse is longer than the schedule, the second round of free book giveaway will begin on June 19 in Beijing time, we’ll start a new topic at that time, are you ready to take part in? :)

• Like 1

I'm absolutely ready to take part in the 2nd round!

The first round still hasn't arrived yet, due to overseas shipping...I'll do my best to give it a thorough review as rapidly as possible to demonstrate my appropriateness for the second round.

Excellent! Any more books received?

Late this week or early next I'll be sending out the monthly newsletter (if you're not subscribed, there's a link at top right, under the search box, to find out more). I'll mention the upcoming second round then, and if anyone can get a review up in time will probably include that. 

I just checked, maybe the parcels of RA622276785CN and RA622276794CN are the first two outside mainland China to be received:

邮件号码                  年份      当前状态                   当前位置                邮件寄达国       邮件当前状态日期
RA622276785CN     2014     收寄局收寄               61光明楼邮电局      瑞典               20140518 1705
RA622276785CN     2014     出口总包直封封发     北京国际                瑞典                20140526 1451
RA622276785CN     2014     到达进口互换局        斯德哥尔摩             瑞典                20140530 1047
RA622276785CN     2014     到达投递局               瑞典                        瑞典                20140602 1210

邮件号码                   年份      当前状态                   当前位置               邮件寄达国     邮件当前状态日期
RA622276794CN     2014     收寄局收寄               61光明楼邮电局     波兰                20140518 1706
RA622276794CN     2014     出口总包直封封发     北京国际               波兰                20140526 1422
RA622276794CN     2014     到达进口互换局         华沙                      波兰                20140602 2002

Nathan Mao, your parcel will probably be the third one :mrgreen: , I have seen your various detailed and comprehensive posts on the forums here and there, Look forward to seeing your review. :)