Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@Shai

I'm apply directly to university, they said that I approved by university and resend my docs to CSC.

@awaiz_26 

I think it's because two another university approve me, but i can receive only one scholarship.

@harrover. You already call the university to ask the detail.. Its better you to call directly to know well. Who knows you got CSC scholarship in another university. Because you apply directly from that university so they know about your document.

I contacted CSC today and talked to the person in charge of America and Oceania. I was wondering when I might get the jw202 visa application form. She told me that I should find out sometime in July if I was awarded the scholarship and that I should contact the embassy where I applied ( I already recieved an offical award letter from the Chinese consulate that said I was awarded the scholarship). However, I also contacted Peking University where I have been accepted and they told me that I should get the jw202 from some time after June 16th.  

My main question that I have not had answered yet is if I can enter China on a tourist visa and once I get my jw202 form can I apply for the student visa in China? I would prefer to go to China sooner rather than later. 

After doing some research it would appear that I can only apply for an x2 student visa in the U.S. meaning I could not go to China earlier.

• Like 1

Guys, please stop spreading assumptions. If you get accepted by 2 or more universities CSC will allocate one to you. They will not reject you. After years of communicating with teachers and universities here in China I can tell you that many will lie to you, just to offer emotional relief or comfort. They may tell you that your documents have been sent to CSC even if there is no way for them to prove this. If you have received one solid recommendation, you will already stand a good chance to get the scholarship. How can you believe that if you have 2 recommendations, CSC will reject your application? Does this really make sense to you?

• Like 2

I applied for 2 different universities, the first universities (NEDU) had accepted me with CSC full scholarship, I had already received my scholarship documents. But Zhejiang University also nominated me as CSC candidates. I am so worried if CSC will reject me after my name come out by Zhejiang University :(

See what you guys have done? You are causing others to panic. Read my recent post. CSC will not reject 2 or more university recommendations. They will pick one and you will go with the one they pick. That's it.

@Tianlongprc

I also talked to CSC to make sure they got my stuff from the embassy. They did. The woman I talked to told me to keep in touch with the embassy for any updates. I also got this reward letter thing. Isn't it safe to assume that whoever got this letter is good to go? Meanwhile, my online application status changed to form currently checking.

@ shuoshuo, what is your stance on the below drafted email 

"Dear  SHAKIR, MUHAMMAD AWAIS,

Thank you for applying our university.

Your documents have been processed. We are impressed with your experience and academic qualifications. We decided to recommend you to China Scholarship Council as one of candidates of 2014 China Government Scholarship. The final result will be announced by CSC at the end of May. We will inform you as soon as possible.

If you failed this year, you are more than welcome to apply next year. Then we will give priority to you.

Please reply to this Email. Without a reply, applicants will be considered to give up this opportunity. Thanks.

Good luck!"

is it a good sign or not ?

Hi guys,

Did anyone here apply to Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing?

I applied to that university last March for a postgraduate program and apparently I just got an email from the admission last week explaining that I have been admitted into the university for further study. They said that they have forwarded the JW201 and admssion notice to CSC and told me to be patient to wait for the visa documents.

Does that mean that I have been officially granted a full scholarship by the government?  Or do I have to wait for the final decision from CSC council after they evaluate my application? Frankly, I'm pretty anxious waiting for the result.  :(

Shai - Before I applied, I asked my embassy what this award letter is all about. The guy at the embassy told me that each country has a quota and an award letter means the embassy (usually with the backing of your government) has reserved one spot for you. The award letter is sent directly to the CSC from the embassy, but it can also be requested by the university who has agreed to accept you. If they request it, they will be the one to forward the letter to CSC, but the quota is taken from your bi-lateral scholarship quota and not the university quota. I believe if you have an award letter from your embassy, the scholarship is yours and there is nothing to worry about. You should get an official confirmation by the end of this month or early next month.

By the way, this is information I got from my embassy and recommended university. This is not information that I heard from someone who heard from someone, etc. :D

• Like 1