Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

awaiz_26 - Who sent you the email and did you reply after they told you to reply? I quite remember someone else here telling you that they received the same response. To me, I find it weird that they first say you have been selected and then they tell you if you do not respond to the email it means you automatically give up the opportunity. It is already early June and they said they would receive their result from CSC by end of May. Have they tried to contact you or have you checked their website for any possible updates?

@ shuoshuo

My application was a little different. I applied through my school. The person at the consulate in Chicago told me that one sholarship can be awarded to my school. He also told me after I was awarded the scholarship not to worry that I am going to 100% recieve the scholarship, but said that CSC reservers the right to pick which school I am going to attend. So I know that I was awarded the full ride scholarship to study Chinese language for one year and then have 2-3 years for my Master's program. Since I have already applied and recieved a pre-admission letter from Peking University, I am confident that the scholarship will be applied to Peking Univeristy. My only concern is when I will get my jw202 form and when I can apply for the visa! The fall semester starts on Sept. 1st. I am hoping to go to China well before the start of school. In the end, I guess that all I can do is wait for CSC to notify me that they are going to apply the scholarship to Peking Univeristy or not and to give me the jw202 so I can apply for the x2 visa. Thanks for your information.

@ shuoshuo,

Dear friend

They never came back to me so out of my frustration i did contacted them yesterday over the telephonic conversation, the lady over there responded that they will let me know in the evening. In the mean time i contacted my friends who had the same email from Dongbei university of finance and economics, my friends told me that they have received a rejection mail from DUFE and they were very surprised and worried too.

The next morning they emailed me as well and quoted that due to limited positions we regret to announce that You are not awarded the scholarship.

In the past when they emailed me "which i have posted above in my last few posts" , I sent them my consent with saying yes to them so that they must know that i am interested in DUFE.

So this actually happened to me , and i believe it is such a surprise for me that an institution select you first , recommends you to csc and then say sorry .....

I dont know what to do now????????????????????????????????????????????????? I am totally speechless :( 

adn223 - Perhaps you were competing with other candidates who had better scores? Have you applied to other universities?

Tianlongprc - Everyone should receive their documents (incl. visa form) before the end of July. In fact, end of July is the latest. So that should give you more than a month to sort out your visa, ample time if you as me. Don't forget to contact the school and ask them when's the earliest time you can move into the dorms. If you arrive too early you might have to pay until they open the dorms to new students.

awaiz_26 - Many schools send everyone who apply a similar email, that they are being considered for scholarship and that their documents have been sent to CSC and so on. This year, a friend of mine who has applied received the same type of email, from a different university. The university claimed to have sent his documents to CSC. The fact is, every university knows how many spots they have and they also know the students who they want to enroll. So if they send CSC 10 applications but they only have 5 spots, they automatically transfer the power to choose scholarship winners, to CSC. So believe me, many universities will make their selection before they send the list of candidates to CSC. If they have only 5 spots then they will send CSC their 5 recommended candidates. An email alone is not proof that the university has nominated you. Did you receive an admissions notice?

Anyway, don't give up. Those of you who have been officially rejected, please know that there are a few universities still accepting applications so you need to hurry up and be proactive. Do not just waste time. Please try to get the admissions notice before you apply, and if possible, an award letter from your Chinese embassy!

1) What is your native country? PAKISTAN

2) Where did you apply? SHANDONG UNIVERSITY DIRECTLY

3) When did you apply? Early MARCH

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? MS IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Shandong university 2. Central south university 3. NUAA

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? yes

9) What agency number did you use? shandong university

10) Where did you get your physical done? government hospital

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized at notary public office.  

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? At Shandong university!

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? no

14) How were you notified?  by e-mail, mail,

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Today 5 june

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Shandong univerity Ms Mathes

• Like 2

@shuoshuo i want to ask i have admission notice from university in china, but i applied csc use agency number of chinese embassy in my country. i call embassy they said they will inform us at july. But why my status didnt change till now. Still"already submitted" the deadline is on 30 march, i applied on 28 february. You have any idea about how long that status will change,

谢谢

adn223 - Please don't give up. Try Nanjing University scholarship, their deadline is June 30. Plus it's one of the good schools out there, and in a great location. I'm certain there are other universities that are still accepting applications, that is just one example.

Syahrif F - It's hard to say, because only your embassy can know the progress of your application. Is that the bilateral scholarship you applied for, and if it is, do they prioritize on government or MOE applicants? With an admissions letter, you stand a good chance of getting the scholarship, provided your documents actually reached CSC. So much so, that it stands a better chance than those without an admissions notice, that if they wanted to prioritize on other students, they can even decide not to submit your application. I find it a bit strange that your online application hasn't been changed to 'currently checking'. But every agency is different, some don't even bother updating the status. I suggest you get in touch with students who have applied through the same agency number, and find out if their status has changed.

I want to share with you guys that I applied using my country's embassy agency number as well. But I applied for the bilateral scholarship, and in my country you can only apply by sending your documents to the government body that handles this particular scholarship. So I sent my documents to them. As I am currently in China, it's not easy for me to just go by their office and check on the progress of my application. So I called them and they reassured me that my application was already forwarded to the Chinese embassy. By the deadline date, I noticed my online status still said 'submitted'. Which was not the same as last year when my status changed immediately by the deadline (the status change is done manually I'm certain, and the person at the agency number you choose is responsible for this). So anyway, I contacted my embassy and asked them if my application was with them. The embassy said no! I was shocked and certainly felt betrayed by that lady at my govt. who lied to me and said she sent my documents.

I presented my case to the embassy, I told them I already have guaranteed admission to the university I want, and I have spent the past year strengthening my language ability - for the sole purpose of gaining admission to this university. The embassy told me 'but the deadline has passed'. I went online to check my status and I noticed it had said 'recovered' and then I realized it was my mistake, that I 'unsubmitted' it. So I decided to just click on 'resubmit' and the status changed to 'submitted'. So even when the embassy told me it's too late, I didn't want to give up. It was already evening by this time, so I planned to contact my university in the morning to find out if they have other options. But just my luck, a few hours later, my embassy called me and told me they contacted the govt. lady and requested for my application documents. They told me that because the deadline had passed, the embassy had to fill in a 'late submission' form. When I received this email, I checked my online status and it had already changed to 'checking'. I also know the embassy didn't lie to me because they asked me 'did you send your application materials only in digital format? Because that's what was sent to us' - and yes, I had only applied through email (which is acceptable, but probably requires them to print it out).

As it turns out, I might actually not be able to accept the scholarship whether I get it or not, for personal reasons. But I just want to tell you guys not to give up, Be kind to those you are dealing with, no matter how frustrated you get with this application process.

To add, my friend who applied directly to a university had his online status changed to 'checking' and his documents were eventually not forwarded to CSC. So I think the online status is changed or unchanged at the agencies' discretion. Whether it should be taken seriously or not, it's hard to say. As there has been people here in the past who have received the scholarship even if their status never changed from 'submitted'.

• Like 3

@shuoshuo, NO i didn't received any admission letter and i have applied for nanjing university as well, their list was displayed this week and my name was not there as well :(

but i will try applying in few more unis

thanks for your comments 

I got mail from shandong university that i am selected for csc scholarship after evaluation of documents and they recommend me to csc...

How many chances for me now to get scholarship.....please coment...............

• Like 1